Where did you purchase your MacBook Air??

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by vakej, Feb 21, 2008.

1. vakej macrumors member

Hello:

I'm sure the vast majority of folks got their MBA at the Apple store, but many of them are appearing on other sites (e.g., ebay) now. Curious, where did you purchase your MBA? I got mine (1.8GHz, 80GB HD) for a cheaper price than a brand new black macbook from the apple store hehehe :D

2. Pedromiguel20 macrumors member

This i what i did :

Ordered a 1.8 HDD 80gig on the internet saturday 2nd (i think it's the 2nd)
    Got to apple store in nyack ny cancelled the order over my iphone and took one at the store but not 1.8 !

3. Clix Pix macrumors demi-goddess

Clix Pix

8 miles from the Apple Store at Tysons (VA)
    Tysons Corner Apple Store, Vienna, Virginia. They had them on display, I went for a look and a fondle, returned a few days later when they had stock to sell and bought my beautiful little 1.8 GHz 64 GB SSD! Also got the Superdrive and the ethernet dongle at the same time....

4. dibara2003 macrumors 6502

apple store all the way. i couldn't wait for my university bookstore to get it.. wouldve saved me cash though

5. Cybergypsy macrumors 68040

Cybergypsy

Online Apple store!! mine was in the second shipment :)

6. TheMadBrewer macrumors regular

Apple online store. I first tried Amazon but got a ship date of March 31!

I did order the Time Capsule at the same time from Amazon and they originally said Feb 4 but we know how accurate that was :)

7. khosna macrumors member

Local Apple retail store ... as cool as it looked I had to handle it first and put it through its paces. Would have only save a couple days if I had ordered online first but it was the safe bet to be sure I wanted it.

8. TanToday macrumors member

Online, 12 hrs after the announcement.

I don't know why, but TRACKING *my* Air as it came off the factory line, to customs, to FedEx then to Alaska, and to Indianapolis, to Pittsburgh, and my home .... actually WATCHING it travel 1/2 way around the world is just SO COOL.

I did that for the first time with the iMac 24 last August, and I would actually take a few days longer, just for the JOY of watching ONE single machine travel from the orient to my front door.

That is just soooooo....

.....almost as cool as getting your first new car!

9. squaremon macrumors regular

squaremon

how u got 1.8ghz cheaper than black macbook?:confused::eek:

10. Federico macrumors member

1º Macmall 2/8 with 3% discount + 75 rebate (1.8/80gb), i'm still waiting!!!!!

2º Apple online 2/18 (1.6/80gb/ES key/superdrive/+some acc.), i will get the superdrive tomorrow, waiting for the MBA :cool:

11. teerexx52 macrumors 68000

teerexx52

12. vakej thread starter macrumors member

Craigslist (it's legit)...
    If anyone else is contemplating Craigslist, be careful...i saw a lot of shady stuff:eek:

13. NC MacGuy macrumors 603

NC MacGuy

14. prominence macrumors regular

That's insane. What was their excuse for selling it??

15. fk51785 macrumors regular

macmall.

got it for 1699 with no tax and free s/h.

ordered on 2/7 got it on 2/15.

also free labtop case and parallels 3.0.

16. queshy macrumors 68040

queshy

17. grafikat macrumors 6502a

grafikat

Apple...a replacement for a lemon of a Macbook. Got full replacement credit on a first generation Macbook toward the purchase of a new MBA. Apple Customer Relations ROCKS (this is why one should alway get Apple Care)

18. rwnewton macrumors newbie

Apple store the evening of the MBA announcement. I tracked it travel from China to the US along with the other first-day buyers. The anticipation was heightened by snowstorms in China and other delays. The wait was worth it and the MBA converted me from Windows for good!

19. Munich macrumors newbie

Apple Store

Willowbend Mall in Plano, TX - Got the superdrive, the ethernet adapter, and a copy of Office 2008. I also got an extra charger, and will pick up another one either today or tomorrow. I will keep one on my travel bag, one in the office and another by my bed, maybe a third one in my home office...

20. mcvaughan macrumors 6502a

Should this have been a poll?

Online Apple store; ordered 1/16 8:00AM CST.

21. happyslayer macrumors 6502a

happyslayer

Apple Store - Chandler, Arizona. Got the only 1.8/SSD they had 2 weeks ago today. Love it!

22. Flyer0815 macrumors 6502

Online from the Apple Online store minutes after the store came up after the announcement. Mine was with Cybergypsy's on the second plane :)

23. NYCMacFan macrumors regular

School Store

Custom order via my university bookstore on 2/1. I ordered a 1.6 with SSD. Supposed to ship by 2/25.

It is 2/25 today and I am waiting to see it ship (no mention of it being prepared yet. (I guess with an educator discount, they have less incentive, but the school is paying I wanted to save us on the sales tax as I am a professor and its a work computer). Foolish of me I guess....

24. kanon14 macrumors regular

kanon14