Where did your new Mac Pro ship from?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by schreck, Jan 18, 2008.

1. schreck macrumors regular

Out of curiosity, where did your computer ship from? Mine came from Anaheim, CA, and it was a BTO machine. I was rather surprised as my two MacBooks came from Shanghai.

Does Apple actually put their Pro equipment together here in the states or is it because my order is something that could, perhaps, already be built? Specs are as follows :

One 2.8GHZ Quad-Core Intel Xeo
    2GB (2x1GB)
    ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT 256MB
    500GB 7200-rpm Serial ATA 3Gb
    One 16x SuperDrive
    AirPort Extreme Card (Wi-Fi)
    APPLE MIGHTY MOUSE
    WIRELESS KEYBD/ OS X
    Country Kit

Gracias de antemano,
    Alex

2. mrcandy macrumors regular

According to FedEX the pickup point for mine is RANCHO CORDOVA, CA. Standard 2.8 octo with wireless keyboard and mouse, but being shipped to Canada.

3. Tefret macrumors newbie

I think it just depends on what is available where. My macbook came from shanghai, but my co-workers macbook (black) came from California... And we ordered our about a month apart from each other.

4. Norco macrumors regular

5. GoKyu macrumors 65816

GoKyu

Interesting, my system (due to arrive Monday) is also a BTO and is coming from Anaheim as well. I guess they have more than one shipping point.

-Bryan

6. donharriss macrumors newbie

donharriss

Anaheim, CA for me.

Ordered the day they announced - arrived the very next day. Sweet :)

7. sweedigel macrumors member

sweedigel

Cork in Ireland for me. Shipped the 12, received yesterday, the 18.

8. flyingscott macrumors regular

flyingscott

My last two purchases from Apple (Leopard and a 30" ACD) both came from Jonestown, Pennsylvania... I'm in Michigan.

Not sure where my MacPro is from... because it HASN'T SHIPPED!!!

9. glowrocks macrumors newbie

Ordered a stock 2.8 model on Thursday, and it shipped out of Memphis, via FedEx. Shipped on Friday, and is due for delivery on Tuesday.

10. snazz123 macrumors newbie

Whose Hard Drive is the 500GB please?

Hey Alex. Just wondering who the OEM is on the 500GB Hard Drive. Thanks in advance for letting me know.

SNazz123

11. schreck thread starter macrumors regular

I apologize, I reread my initial post earlier and realized that I'd made it sound like I already had the machine. It should be here mid-week. Don't worry though, I won't forget about ya. I'll let you know asap.

And- thanks everyone for the replies. Are these machines actually put together here in the states?

12. snazz123 macrumors newbie

Thanks Schreck! I'm really interested to know who makes the HD as I suspect I'll go for twin 500GBs when I purchase my Mac Pro. I used to think Seagate had an awesome reputation but it seems like some of their HDs are not of the quality or speed of their previous generations of HD and might drag down performance. My upgrade would be from the original G5 dual 2.0 GHz to the new Intel-powered Mac Pro which should be a quantum leap in performance. I used to replace my desktop Macs once a year or so but it has been a long 4 1/2 years now so the Mac Pro should be huge jump for me.

Aside from the HD question, I'd love to know what you think of your new computer in general. I don't know if you mentioned what you are upgrading from but I'd like to know that too if you would be so kind.

Thanks man!
    SNazz123

13. jrnewhouse macrumors member

jrnewhouse

Regarding hard drives, I would go with Western Digital. The original 250 GB drive in my Mac Pro (August, 2007) was a WD, and I have since added an internal 500 GB model. They are fast and quiet. I purchased the second drive from OWC...great price.

Cheers,

Joe

14. musicforme macrumors member

musicforme

Here is a screenshot of my tracking info (btw, I LOVE using Skitch).

[​IMG]

15. schreck thread starter macrumors regular

Hey SNazz,

The last computer that I got was in May, and that was (is) my MacBook, 2.16ghz and 2gb ram. It works out well for normal tasks, but I find it lags in Aperture and even iPhoto. Of course, video encoding takes quite some time.

I like upgrading often also, but now I hope that this will be a machine that I keep for a while. I'll be sure to post my opinions of the machine shortly after receiving the tower! I'm sure I'll love it. Just got the 20 inch ACD today, and it is absolutely brilliant. The colour reproduction is fantastic. I thought it may be a little small, but it's definitely big enough for me!

Alex

16. snazz123 macrumors newbie

Thanks Joe. I've been hearing good things about Western Digital hard drives. I wonder if Apple, as part of a BTO, allows the consumer a choice of drives. I know I'm going to order my Mac Pro with two 500GB (identical, of course) but am not sure if Apple just installs whatever they have at the time or if they use various drives based on what they have on hand, or if they have a very specific drive that is their standard for, say, the size 500GB.

Thanks!

SNazz123

17. LostSunrise macrumors member

I wants it now!

Jan 18, 2008

10:53 PM In transit BLOOMINGTON, CA
    10:14 PM Left origin ANAHEIM, CA
    6:43 PM Arrived at FedEx location ANAHEIM, CA
    4:58 PM Picked up ANAHEIM, CA
    4:22 PM Package data transmitted to FedEx FULLERTON, CA

I ordered mine tuesday night, had to do custom build because my current situation doesn't allow network cables running down the hall so I added the wireless card. Had I known I could just buy it separately I would have done that which would of gotten it ship faster since it would of been stock. On top of that I got a refresh for my .mac account and a printer for the companion rebate. The charges went through separately and when they tried to put through the larger sum for the mac pro the bank refused authorization which slowed things down a day. Mine has a CTO after it. What does that mean?

18. mrcandy macrumors regular

Configured-to-order.