Where do I buy a PowerBook G4 Battery?(can be 3rd party)

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Johnny7, Nov 1, 2010.

1. Johnny7 macrumors member

My powerbook battery only lasts for about 45 minutes and I'd like to replace it so I can starting using my powerbook on the road.

I'd like a new battery but it doesn't have to be genuine, it can be 3rd party. I just want one that a. is just as good as the $130 one... on apple.com:rolleyes:. and b. doesn't blow up :eek:. Anyone know of a good place or store on ebay etc? I'd really appreciate it.

I currently have a powerbook g4 12", the 1.0GHz model.

Thanks guys!
    Johnny

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

I think you can still get them from Apple. Look under the Batteries section of their store.

3. kellen macrumors 68020

kellen

OWC sells them at otherworldcomputing.com (macsales.com).

They run 99 bucks, less than the apple ones and supposedly have more running time to them.

Other than that ebay may be your best bet.

4. Johnny7 thread starter macrumors member

I'd go for an apple branded battery but 70 bucks + for a machine that is obsolete to apple seems just like too much. I guess what I've been trying to ask is: does anyone know where to get a good and cheap 3rd party battery. I know they exist, I just want some opinions and some reviews from those who have tried them. I did find this one, which seemed good although I know zip about batteries..if that mattered anyway. The reviews are good but I'd like a long term review.

Thanks for the help so far,
    Johnny

5. kellen macrumors 68020

kellen

I think that is going to be your best bet unless you find an apple one on ebay. Ebay has some knock offs for the same price, but the one you linked from Amazon has reviews that make it sound good.

Plus for 40 bucks or so its much cheaper than the rest.

6. Sinelly macrumors newbie

Just few of apple models in stock, I also looking a battery pb g4 battery, But I found it is a extended battery using outside of notebook at apple.com