Where do I buy a X850 XT?

ArmouredGuitar

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 16, 2004
Canada
Hello Folks,

I just bought a 2.7GHZ (literally 10 mins ago :) ) and want to upgrade the card. I want the X850XT, but cant find where to buy it solo. Any clues?

~Thanks~

solvs

macrumors 603
Jun 25, 2002
LaLaLand, CA
Where did you buy it? If it's the online store, you could've added it when you bought. They probably still could change your order. Otherwise, you'd have to spend $500 for a X800 XT card or Nvidia 6800 since the 850 isn't yet available as a separate add-on, just a build to order option.

ArmouredGuitar

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 16, 2004
Canada
I bought it new off ebay, for alot cheaper then at the store or online off apple. So I dont think I can change the specs now :( . But do you think the X850 XT will become seperate?

crap freakboy

macrumors 6502a
Jul 17, 2002
nar in Gainsborough, me duck
ArmouredGuitar said:
I bought it new off ebay, for alot cheaper then at the store or online off apple. So I dont think I can change the specs now :( . But do you think the X850 XT will become seperate?

Good luck with ebay :eek: !
I'd fill my pants spending that sort of cash on ebay, all I'd say is be very, very careful. There are loads of good scams out there. Have you a link to the auction? Never send cash via western union. Always check previous items the seller sold/bought, if its loads of small cheap items then suddenley a top of the line PM then it'll be a scam.

Ryan T.

macrumors 6502a
Jun 13, 2005
Rochester, NY
crap freakboy said:
Good luck with ebay :eek: !
I'd fill my pants spending that sort of cash on ebay, all I'd say is be very, very careful. There are loads of good scams out there. Have you a link to the auction? Never send cash via western union. Always check previous items the seller sold/bought, if its loads of small cheap items then suddenley a top of the line PM then it'll be a scam.
Yes, very much so. Too many Apple scammers out there.

Eric5h5

macrumors 68020
Dec 9, 2004
ArmouredGuitar said:
I just bought a 2.7GHZ (literally 10 mins ago :) ) and want to upgrade the card. I want the X850XT, but cant find where to buy it solo. Any clues?
ATI might have it available separately eventually, but it the meantime you might as well just buy the X800 from them (or somewhere else). There's not enough of a difference between the two that makes it worth losing any sleep over.

--Eric