where do I download Firefox update?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ikos, Aug 3, 2009.

1. ikos macrumors regular

why doesn't the update appear on appfresh? I have updates set on automatically update in Firefox but it shows nothing. Im new to Firefox, this will be the first update for me.

2. ikos thread starter macrumors regular

can't it be automatically updated within Firefox? apple sends you the update for safari.

3. adamfishercox macrumors 6502

I find it really stupid that Firefox doesn't alert for "big" updates, and expects you to find them on your own.

4. Aronnax macrumors regular

http://blog.mozilla.com/blog/2009/0...-security-updates-now-available-for-download/

5. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

OP, so having Auto Update enabled doesn't work for you?

At my workplace, a lot of the Windows machine do automatically update Firefox, even my Firefox, if I even use it.

[​IMG]

6. Jolly Jimmy macrumors 65816

Jolly Jimmy

Update does not work for me yet either.

Attached Files:

7. ikos thread starter macrumors regular

8. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

if you care, you wouldn't mind.
    if you dont care, mozilla will push the 3.5 as major update eventually. and update will be installed automatically.

There is no forced "find on your own".

Mozilla understand there are people out there who has addons that they need to care about, and for many other issue they might worry about. So they dont instantly push a big new version. Same as MS handling IE, not to say IE is a good product, but good business model who actually care about their users give more time for big version update for their users, rather than pushing everything down right away with no way of being sure about consequences.

9. Amdahl macrumors 65816

Precisely. Mozilla is waiting for all the 'noise' to settle down in add-on updates, plus their own updates to Firefox itself before making 3.5 an update that auto-notifies 3.0 users.

10. Salmar macrumors regular

Even though I have firefox set to automatically download updates, it doesn't always do it. But the best way is to just click on help and click on "check for updates", and that will show whether there is an update or not. I do it that way all the time now.