Where do I find a TV show on my ipad?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by FloridaMac, Jan 11, 2011.

1. FloridaMac macrumors regular

I had a episode of The Office on my iMac. After I synced my ipad I couldn't find it anywhere. Does the ipad even hold TV shows?

2. iGary Guest

iGary

3. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

If it synced, you should be able to find it in the Video app. If it's not in there, hook your iPad to your computer, open iTunes, and make sure TV Shows are marked to be synced. I believe that option is off by default, and you need to turn it on.

4. Capt T macrumors 6502a

In the video app at the top of the screen you will see two buttons center top. movies and TV shows. tap TV shows.

5. MrWillie macrumors 65816

MrWillie

If it's not in the video app, hook the iPad up to your 'puter, and drag and drop the tv show into your iPad (from inside of iTunes of course). The heck with all that syncing crap. (okay, maybe one day I'll learn how to poperly set up syncing, but today is not the day).

6. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

If you are going to drag and drop, you need to set your iPad to manually manage music first. A lot of people who do this checked the "manually manage" check box once, a long time ago, and forget that they had to do it.

7. MrWillie macrumors 65816

MrWillie

Yep, but I have always had trouble with iPods, I leave the podcasts in auto, everything else in manual. I have never bought music or any type of video from iTunes (or anywhere else) I purchase physical disks and rip them.

8. DuckSoup macrumors 6502a

DuckSoup

First, make sure it even on your iPad. Hit the home button while at your home screen to enter the search function and type on the name of the video/show. If it's on your iPad you'll see it listed. It won't tell you WHERE it is, but at least you'll be certain it's on your device.

9. FloridaMac thread starter macrumors regular