Where do I get Lion for a new Macbook Pro?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ctakim, Aug 7, 2011.

1. ctakim macrumors 6502

fThis may be a stupid question but we just got a new Macbook Pro for my daughter and it came with Snow Leopard, not Lion installed. The Apple store said to load Lion at home but the Appstore is trying to charge us for $29.99 for this to our credit card?

Not sure how to update this and I thought it should be free for a new computer??

2. adztaylor macrumors 68000

3. MOKHAN macrumors 6502

http://www.apple.com/macosx/uptodate/

There you go, simply click Redeem from the Apple Online Store under the appropriate date, fill in the information, and it'll start downloading

4. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

Did you receive a download code or some kind of voucher for it before you left the store.

You DID get something before you left the store, right?

5. ctakim thread starter macrumors 6502

Hey guys, thanks! Lion is downloading now. We were in and out of the store and it was a zoo. Because we knew exactly what we wanted I think the sales guy did not go through this in detail. And no, we did not get (or need) a voucher code in the store.

You just needed to know where to look and then type in the serial number. We just did not have the link but thanks to those in this thread who supplied it.

I had downloaded Lion for another mac and kept it on a separate hard drive so I could have used my previous copy, but for I figured there had to be a way to do this de novo.

Thanks again to the MacRumors community!

6. Young Spade macrumors 68020

I didn't need anything I got from the store: Just my receipt and my BTS gift card. Other than that, just logged on online, gave them my email, then downloaded Lion.