Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kgphotos

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 6, 2017
Hi. I came across these custom app icons in a MR video from a couple of years ago titled “How to Change App Icons on Your iPhone's Home Screen”. I’d like to get the icons. Where do I get them to use on my iPhone 15 Pro Max? Are they in an app such as Widgy or Widgetsmith? Or is there a site I can download them?

Thank you.

Attachments

• 9F588272-4520-4E3F-AD23-23FC52BAFEB5.jpeg
    9F588272-4520-4E3F-AD23-23FC52BAFEB5.jpeg
    411.4 KB · Views: 112

kgphotos

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 6, 2017
Thanks for the reply. I am looking for the Mac OS icons as seen in my screenshot. I’ve looked at the icon apps and there’s a lot of them-a bit overwhelming. Hoping someone knows where or what app. @Dan Barbera since you did the very helpful video, can you tell me where?

Thank you very much!

iStorm

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2012
Did you watch the video? He stated he left a link the description with all the assets. There's a link in the associated article too. Unfortunately, the links are broken though. Just search the web for the icon/image you want (i.e. "iChat icon"), then create a shortcut and change it to use that image/icon.

Keep in mind that iOS app icons are always square. So if you want it to be like his where the FaceTime icon is a bubble shape, then a lot more work is involved. The background of the app icon has to match up perfectly with the wallpaper behind it. That makes the background of the app icon "transparent" and gives the illusion that the app icon isn't a square. (The parallax effect has to be disabled too, so the wallpaper doesn't move.)

There are apps out there to help you create these icons with the background once you find some you want to use. This video shows you how it's done.

kgphotos

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 6, 2017
Hey @iStorm . I did watch the video. But the links are broken. The Dropbox link says the items have been deleted.

Thanks for your video. I’ll watch it. I thought it was a simple download or app. I’m always up for learning new things, so this is great.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.