Where do I go to buy Snow leopard for $30?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by yalag, Aug 27, 2009.

1. yalag macrumors 65816

I bought a laptop half a year ago and it came with leopard. Do I qualify for fht $30 upgrade? If so, do I go to apple store for this purchase? What do I need to bring to the store?

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Apple.com, amazon.com, bestbuy.com, physical Apple Store, physical Best Buy store, etc, ad infinitum.

3. Guiyon macrumors 6502a

As long as you are currently running Leopard you can pick up the upgrade version of Snow Leopard from anywhere that carries it (Apple, Amazon, Best Buy, etc). Here are the items you'll need to bring in order to get the upgrade: your wallet :)

4. yalag thread starter macrumors 65816

How will I prove that I am running leopard? Do I bring my laptop?

5. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

You don't have to prove anything. It works with Tiger, so just do whatever you want.

6. jamesgregory24 macrumors newbie

Get it from MacMall stores! I think they offer it for only $24.99..

I've read from their newsletter that their stores at Santa Monica &Torrance are gonna be open at midnight later (til 2AM) to those who want to get the first copy of the Mac OS X upgrade.

Store locations here: http://www.macmall.com/store

7. Terry V macrumors newbie

Terry V

This is absolutely awesome!

Apple Canada has it for 59.00 for a family pack - up to five lic in a house hold. We have two Macs in the house. Tiger and Leopard.

I am a bit concerned that that I might not be able to use it on my Tiger, it is an intel duo core - two years old. I am going to call them to find out.

8. cjmillsnun macrumors 68020

As long as you have more than 1gb of ram and are prepared to do a clean install, it will work fine on the tiger mac. However I will point out the licence agreement on the non box sets is only applicable for an upgrade from Leopard.