Where do I put downloaded widgets?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by SR20DETDOG, May 13, 2011.

1. SR20DETDOG macrumors regular

Just got my first mac yesterday and I'm determined to keep as tidy as possible.

I downloaded a couple of widgets and I'm lost as to where I should put the downloaded files. Searching doesn't seem to come up with anything, guess it's not exactly a common problem :p

2. simsaladimbamba

You double click (or CMD+ArrowDown) the widgets to install them into Dashboard. After that you can delete them from the Downloads folder, unless you want them to be stored for later reinstallation purposes.

3. Kyzelios macrumors 6502

When you download an open a dashboard widget, it will ask you whether or not you wish to delete it or keep it. If you choose to keep a dashboard widget, it will be stored in ~/Library/Widgets (where the tilde represents the path of your home folder, for example the full path would be /Users/Sam/Library/Widgets).

To navigate to this path, open the Finder by clicking its icon in the Dock. Then click on your user name in the sidebar to open your home folder. From there, double click on Library, and then double click on Widgets.

Hope that helps, have a great day!

4. SR20DETDOG thread starter macrumors regular

Ah, so once I've installed them I just delete them from downloads. That's the last thing I would've done!

Thanks for the extra info too :)