where do imac's ship from?

mackaveli

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 1, 2005
hi, my brother purchased the 17" imac on aug 12 (friday), and he told me they shipped the imac the next week, not sure on the date yet though. The imac is getting delivered to my address cause he lives in a condo. I live in Alberta, Canada but i got my Powermac much faster then this. The imac was BTO btw. Do they ship from California* (not sure if thats the right place i think thats where my Powermac came from or somewhere close) or do they ship from somewhere else and thats why theres a delay?

thanks.

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
My BTO iMac came from China... then it went to Alaska... then the East Coast... and then finally way northern Cali, and finally to me! That was in late May/ early June 2005?

macdon401

macrumors 6502
Jul 9, 2005
iGary said:
When two iMacs love each other a whole lot, one iMac lays next to the other iMac....
very funny, sometimes this forum can use a bit more humour! LOL

e²Studios

macrumors 68020
Apr 12, 2005
devilot76 said:
My BTO iMac came from China... then it went to Alaska... then the East Coast... and then finally way northern Cali, and finally to me! That was in late May/ early June 2005?

My BTO Mini came from Shenzen China, to Anchorage Alaska, to Indanapolis Indiana, then to San Bruno California and on to my house!

Ed

cardiac dave

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2005
iToronto
My BTO iMac G5 20" came from Shenzen China, to Anchorage Alaska, to Indanapolis Indiana, then to Toronto, then it took two days to make it across town to my office.

I'd expect yours to route the same, then Edmonton after Toronto.

powerbook911

macrumors 68040
Mar 15, 2005
Same thing with my Powerbook pretty much:

China -> Alaska -> Indianapolis -> On to the destination, wherever that is in NOrth America.

Seems the route they all take.

Yellowdog07

macrumors newbie
Sep 11, 2010
Florida
where do imac's ship from?

According to my ups tracking, said "US" on day I ordered my iMac, then Nashville TN right away. Couldn't have come from china, too quick...