Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

netdog

macrumors 603
Original poster
Feb 6, 2006
London
I purchased the Lost finale, it downloaded, then said processing file, then iTunes blew up. Where would the file be? It doesn't seemed to be filed in the iTunes library.

When it said processing, I was also watching the beginning.

davidjearly

macrumors 68020
Sep 21, 2006
Glasgow, Scotland
I purchased the Lost finale, it downloaded, then said processing file, then iTunes blew up. Where would the file be? It doesn't seemed to be filed in the iTunes library.

When it said processing, I was also watching the beginning.

Should be:

User>Music>iTunes>iTunes Music>TV Shows

siurpeeman

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2006
the OC
if you still can't find it after looking through your music folder, try using spotlight to find it. spotlight either "lost" or "looking glass," the latter being part of the episode title.

netdog

macrumors 603
Original poster
Feb 6, 2006
London
I have a file called download (which is it) and a file called info.plist

The file plays as grey, which I assume is because the info.plist information has not been installed into its proper file. Both files are in Music/iTunes/iTunes Music/Downloads

siurpeeman

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2006
the OC
hmm, that's interesting. try going to "store" in the menu bar and select "check for purchases...." maybe the download process wasn't complete, doing this might resolve the issue?

netdog

macrumors 603
Original poster
Feb 6, 2006
London
That'll be the DRM.

I am assuming (perhaps wrongly) that the accompanying plist.info file is what the system needs installed to open this file as the machine is authorized to play videos from this account.

Ironically, my local iTunes does not show this episode as purchased, but when I check for purchases at the store, it says that all purchases have been downloaded. What a mess.

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
if you can find the actual movie file, since its downloaded... you can re-add it to itunes through file>add files. it should then be able to add it correctly.

i would assume that since it downloaded, it'd be in Music>iTunes>iTunes Music>TV Shows

(don't know the exact file structure since i haven't bought any shows)

netdog

macrumors 603
Original poster
Feb 6, 2006
London
if you can find the actual movie file, since its downloaded... you can re-add it to itunes through file>add files. it should then be able to add it correctly.

i would assume that since it downloaded, it'd be in Music>iTunes>iTunes Music>TV Shows

(don't know the exact file structure since i haven't bought any shows)

The file seems to be complete, and is called Download 2, but won't add.

LostOnTheLine

macrumors newbie
Aug 27, 2010
I know this thread is old, but I found it looking for something else & figured I'd add correct info for any future searchers. The Info.plist file is the Metadata (Or a reference to the Metadata depending) for download.m4v if you try to just add Download.m4v it will be missing the metadata.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.