Where Do Mac Pros Ship From ?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by PLan2008, Apr 19, 2008.

1. PLan2008 macrumors newbie

I'm in the UK and have purchased a built to order mac pro from the UK online Apple store. Which country will the Mac Pro be sent from (shipped today!) ?

TIA :)

2. acearchie macrumors 68040

acearchie

Well slightly different but my dads iMac shipped from czech republic. They may have a factory out there where they ship all the customised orders from. In any case you should be able to check out the tracking number anyhow and see where it has been dispatched from.

You will find that it takes a few days to configure it then it is dispatched and I found that after a day mine had landed in germany then in 2 days on my doorstep!

Hope I have been of some use!

3. PLan2008 thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm really surprised how fast everything has happened. Placed my custom order yesterday morning, shipped today ! Just wondering whether it was coming from anywhere close like Ireland (Monday delivery ?) . There's just an "In Transit" comment on my tracking page at the moment.

4. beige matchbox macrumors 6502a

beige matchbox

Pretty sure mines Irish, at least thats where they used to come from for sure.

My BTO Powerbook came from Shanghai though

5. zainjetha macrumors 6502a

i think all laptops MB and MBP come from Shanghai from what i have read... it would be a little difficult shipping a MP. infact it wouldnt...

6. Hicks. macrumors regular

Hicks.

Mine came within about 20 hours, so I suspect the UK someplace.

7. PLan2008 thread starter macrumors newbie

Just managed to get tracking to work and it seems to be coming from Ireland. The tracking site didn't give any details when I used FireFox or Safari on my Mac, only when I switched to my PC and tried IE were results displayed (kind of ironic that the shipper of Macs doesn't support the Safari browser :rolleyes: ).

For the record this is how to use the tracking site -

Hope this helps someone else avoid the frustration of not being able to track your shipment. :)