Where do people find all of their customizations?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by iMJustAGuy, May 26, 2011.

1. iMJustAGuy macrumors 68020

iMJustAGuy

If you browse this sub-forum a lot you've probably seen me asking around a lot about jailbreaking because I am completely new to it. I am slowly starting to get the hang off SSH and Cyberduck and such.

I am still very much confused, but anyway; where do people search for and find all of their tweaks like the clocks, icon packs, etc. I bought the prestige HD from ThemeIt but is there not a site to browse/download all kinds of these things? Thanks.

2. crovian macrumors regular

macthemes is a good place to start, although AFAIK, the registration is closed so I don't know if you'll be able to download anything.

give it a try tho

3. Wafflausages macrumors 6502

theyre usually linked to some other file host afaik :)

4. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

Right. Should have no problem with Macthemes.

5. crovian macrumors regular

ooo
    i thought non-registered members couldn't even view threads.
    my bad

ya then mtf is a good place to start

6. IrishVixen, May 26, 2011
    Last edited: May 26, 2011

IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

The ModMyi forums are another good place to look. But most of what I've personally used comes from here or MacThemes.

Instructions for a lot of tweaks are available from all these places, but you have to be willing to look for them. I spend a lot of time right now just digging through the Post Your Homescreen threads (all three of them), downloading themes I like and keeping notes on what others did to make them work.

If you've gone looking and are still stuck, then feel free to ask. But do look first, as I've found at least 90% of the answers I needed had already been posted, sometimes many times over.

7. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

I like looking at all the themes and stuff but what really puzzles me is how to install them! I know I have to be jailbroken and have Winterboard but what comes after that? The only thing I've really used jailbreaking for is to unlock.

8. Internal Fury macrumors 6502

check out the sub forums here and hit up cydia