Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

danbee46

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 13, 2009
This may be a really dumb question. I have an iMac and just bought an all-in-one hp printer. I just scanned a document and now can't find it. Where do scanned docs go?

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
The scanning software most likely has a setting in Preferences where you can choose the location.

eawmp1

macrumors 601
Feb 19, 2008
FL
This may be a really dumb question. I have an iMac and just bought an all-in-one hp printer. I just scanned a document and now can't find it. Where do scanned docs go?

Wherever your scanner software directs it to go. Open you scanner software, check under preferences. Destination for documents should be an option. You can select ANY destination you wish.

danbee46

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 13, 2009
Thanks for the input, but still can't find scan.
It is not in the pictures folder and the scanning software does not have anything that will let me choose a destination.
Still playing with it.

Consultant

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
search for each one of these

.jpg
.pdf

sort by date, and see the most recent.

There is always a place to change saved document locations.
google: hp printer default scan location mac

Macandcheese717

macrumors newbie
Jul 14, 2017
I know this is an old question, but this may help others. Open "Macintosh HD", then "Users", then open the icon with the house (probably called your name), then open "pictures". It was there by default for me, so if it's not, you probably at some point set it to go somewhere else. I don't know how to find it in that case.

This is using a MacBook Pro, running OS X El Capitan, version 10.11.6

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.