Where do these pieces go? MacBook Pro 13"

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Katy87, Apr 25, 2013.

1. Katy87 macrumors newbie

Hello,

Yesterday we disammbled our macbook to replace the keyboard because a few keys weren't working. After putting everything back together the macbook seems to be working perfect again, but....there a two pieces left over and we have no idea where they had to go...Searching on google hasn't helped me find these exact pieces, could someone identify these pieces, and maybe tell me to witch part they belong to? I've left the laptop off after testing just in case these are essential parts or something...

In the picture you see the parts, the smallest part has the number NSX A2 on it, and the other part says ZY1.

Thanks in advance!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. justperry macrumors 604

justperry

You must be a bit :eek: now.:p

Just kidding, go to ifixit.com, click on Mac repair and then the MacbookPro and model, there must be some pictures showing these parts.
    I don't know the model number otherwise I would look around for you.

They are there for a reason so you really need to get them back where they belong.

3. Katy87, Apr 25, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2013

Katy87 thread starter macrumors newbie

Ah yes, you can say that again haha :confused:

And yes, I've been browsing at ifixit.com but until now havn't found the answer.
    The model is a macbook pro 13" late 2011

4. justperry macrumors 604

justperry

I looked around a bit, didn't find anything similar, how big are these parts and are you really sure it is from the MBP?

Yours is a late 2011 model, that's all we need, you can remove the serial in your last post, nobody needs that.

5. Katy87 thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok thank you very much so far for your effort, yes i'm sure these were left over putting everything back together...I've added another picture to show how big the pieces are.
    [​IMG]

6. justperry, Apr 25, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2013

justperry macrumors 604

justperry

Sadly ifixit doesn't really show these parts, which they had more photographs on on the MBP contents, not that hard to do.

If I am honest and as I said before, are you really sure they came from the MBP?

7. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

8. pwfletcher macrumors regular

Lol ... go to ifixit.com. They have pics of EVERYTHING, you should be able to figure out where they go there ;-)

9. pwolfe macrumors member

I'm a certified apple tech, I can tell you the pieces on the left of your picture are part of the hinge assembly on the body side of the laptop. You will find that the little nubs have a hole they fit into. They also hold down the lvds cable so that they dont get pinched during reasembly. As for the other pieces, I really dont know, and I'm away from my repair manuals as I'm on a mobile at the moment.

good luck!

10. hallux macrumors 68020

hallux

No problem, I'm also one and have GSX handy. That second one looks like it might be the front HDD bracket.

11. broad macrumors member

Looks like you have an 08 aluminum MacBook. Piece on the right looks like the trackpad flex cable bumper. Piece on the left looks like the camera cable guide

12. hallux macrumors 68020

hallux

Nope, not an '08 based on the post I quoted...

13. justperry macrumors 604

justperry

No they don't, they should have much higher res pictures and more of them, I couldn't find the items.

14. G35C macrumors member

Here ya go

The left pieces is the webcam cable guide that attaches on the left side with the bottom cover open. The big nut is for the retaining screw that locks down the speaker and the little nut is for a small clip that extends out to the base of the frame.

The other pieces goes between the keyboard ribbon cable and frame. So you take the screws out holding the motherboard. Then insert this in-between and then screw it down with the motherboard screws.

15. Gonzo3333 macrumors 6502a

Gonzo3333

Don't you know those things go in the "spare parts" drawer that is next to the junk drawer in your kitchen.:D