Where do you find icons for CategoriesSB?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by GoCubsGo, Jul 8, 2010.

1. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I've searched around and could not find an answer. I have CategoriesSB (purchased) and the icon pack that I could download from Cydia but I can't find any other icons. The ones I have either aren't extensive enough or I'm bored with them.

Is there a way to load custom icons or is there a place to get other icons?

2. Benji222 macrumors 65816

Benji222

I always would find a theme I liked, SSH it to my phone, and then look through it for application names that would change the picture.
    I ended up rarely using the folders that came with categoriessb

3. GoCubsGo thread starter macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Well it's not a theme, they're icons that you can change within CategoriesSB. I guess i'll have to learn to SSH into my phone. :eek:

4. TitanTiger macrumors 6502

I tinkered around with Categories, didn't dl CategoriesSB because I didn't like how the app icons inside the folders looked. For some reason they are square cornered instead of rounded and the font for the icon title is more jagged. Just rough looking altogether. Does CategoriesSB add a little polish and finish to it so it doesn't look so amateur?

5. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

That's the whole point of CategoriesSB. ;)

6. TitanTiger macrumors 6502

Well, I know it makes it run smoother, launch faster, etc. I just didn't know if it cleaned up the look within the folders so that the icons look the same as they did when they were on the springboard.

7. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

It fixes the font, definitely. I can't remember if it fixes the icon rounding...I use 4.0's native folders now.

8. TitanTiger macrumors 6502

One other question. I've downloaded a couple of free apps through Cydia, but never a paid one. It went through part of the process to purchase CategoriesSB, but got a little wigged out when it came time to supply my Amazon or PayPal credentials. Unlike purchasing on a web browser where I can see the URL and such of the page I'm on, I can't see that here or even anything that indicates whether it's SSL or not.

Is there a way to do this on my Mac and then transfer the app over?

9. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

I don't know of any way of purchasing Cydia apps through a desktop browser. If you're worried that the Cydia Store is some sort of massive phishing attack...well, I wouldn't. Hundreds of thousands of people have bought stuff from the Cydia and I've never heard of any issues. Payment is all handled through third-party websites and Saurik never even sees your payment info. Of course, if you don't trust Saurik...

10. TitanTiger macrumors 6502

Well, I'm a n00b to jailbreaking so I'm distrustful of most everyone initially. :)

It's just that when it comes to things like PayPal that are hooked into my checking account and such, I'm extra careful that I know and trust that my info is going securely to the person or company that I intend it to be going to. So when I couldn't see anything that indicated SSL or that I was indeed on the real PayPal site and such, I backed out.

11. GoCubsGo thread starter macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

So no custom icons or did this thread just turn into the TitanTiger show?

12. TitanTiger macrumors 6502

I've looked around and haven't found any custom icons anywhere so far. I wish there were more options as well.

BTW, I did get CategoriesSB and the difference is amazing.