Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Where do you game with your console?

• At my desk

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I only play mobile

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

gkarris

macrumors G3
Original poster
Dec 31, 2004
"No escape from Reality...”
I was wondering how people game with their consoles.

More and more games I'm playing, I can't even read the texts on the screens were you do crafting, loadouts, etc...

For example, EVERSPACE (Windows and XBox One). I first played it on PC at my desk. Then to support the developers, I bough an XBox One copy. I can't really read the crafting screens from my couch - the text is too small (I game on a projector but it is only 1024x768 so small text is hard to read).

Some games don't seem as bad (No Man's Sky I can read when playing from the couch).

I was wondering if anyone game on their desks using their computer monitors...

Thanks for voting and your thoughts!

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I have a 50 (or 51, I forget, but its under 55") TV and do it on my recliner or couch which ever is free.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
See I’m really flexible. I guess that’s why I like the Switch so much, and it’s all I have played since it launched.

- sat up close to the TV is my fave TV one. I dunno, there’s something filling and arcadey about it. I’m a few feet away from my 55” TV. Pixels are obvious but that’s part of the retro charm.
- sometimes I sit far back, usually to get the full benefit of surround sound.
- portable, being able to play anywhere is a god send. I tend to play it on my desk in tabletop mode, or in proper handheld mode if there’s nothing to stand the display on.
- BUT! A rare treat of a position because it sends me to sleep so fast, is using a tablet stand beside my bed, so the Switch sits above the bed looking straight down. Joycons are separated and you can lie right back on the bed. It’s just incredible if you get the occasional arm/shoulder/neck pain like I do. I cannot stress how comfy this is! You have got to try it! But like I say it really knocks you out too. Often I’ve woken up at 5am still holding at least one joycon!
[doublepost=1504350348][/doublepost]
Kicked back in the recliner on the 65" TV for me. I could never go back to being hunched over the computer screen.
Yup. That’s the only way I don’t play games any more. It’s just too uncomfy having been spoilt with couches and beanbags and beds. Haven't bothered with PC gaming in years because of it.

Reactions: Weaselboy

gkarris

macrumors G3
Original poster
Dec 31, 2004
"No escape from Reality...”
- BUT! A rare treat of a position because it sends me to sleep so fast, is using a tablet stand beside my bed, so the Switch sits above the bed looking straight down. Joycons are separated and you can lie right back on the bed. It’s just incredible if you get the occasional arm/shoulder/neck pain like I do. I cannot stress how comfy this is! You have got to try it! But like I say it really knocks you out too. Often I’ve woken up at 5am still holding at least one joycon!

What?

(Google'd "tablet bed stand"...)

OMG..... :eek:

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
I have a "Gaming" room with 60" Samsung 4K and two twin JBL surround surround sound set up's/woofers to immerse the experience even more. I'm the type of gamer who wants the full experience, especially with a good first person shooter or role playing game like Uncharted 4.

T'hain Esh Kelch

macrumors 603
Aug 5, 2001
Denmark
More and more games I'm playing, I can't even read the texts on the screens were you do crafting, loadouts, etc...
There's a solution for that.. :p
andi-glasses-black-front.jpg

Personally I game on our 50" screen (Usually only during winter, since we have a LOT of light comming into our current apartment, so I can't see anything when it is daylight), sitting 3 meters away in our couch.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
What?

What?

Oh my yes it’s the ultimate lazy thing, but also incredibly useful! I wanna get a few around the house now :) honest to god try it with the Switch. THE best way to play console games ever.
[doublepost=1504722237][/doublepost]
I have a "Gaming" room with 60" Samsung 4K and two twin JBL surround surround sound set up's/woofers to immerse the experience even more. I'm the type of gamer who wants the full experience, especially with a good first person shooter or role playing game like Uncharted 4.
Yes! I love the growl of my receiver and surround setup. Sound is way too important to just have it pump out of TV speakers. When I’m using the Switch undocked I use some Audio Technica M50’s and it sounds gorgeous.

c8rlo

macrumors 6502
Sep 1, 2015
FL
desk - 43" Sony
room - 49" Sony

both are 4ktv's w/ HDR and in my room, i just turn right and away from the desk if i use the 49"

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.