Where Do You Get Your Graphics?

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by MrAnthonySutton, Mar 8, 2013.

1. MrAnthonySutton macrumors newbie

I have a quick question..

Recently I have been starting to do some clientele work, and would like to make their website look more pleasing by adding in some pictures. Now, I do not have time to create them in Photoshop. What website would you guys recommend to me where I can either buy or download free images that allow me to use them in a website. I would like different opinions please. Thank you so much :)

2. Angelo95210 macrumors 6502a

Angelo95210

Istockphoto is pretty good and not that expensive

3. 960design macrumors 68000

I contract with local photograhers. They get business from me and I get business from them. Plus I get all their 'throw-away' pictures dang near free.

4. MrAnthonySutton thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm thinking of investing into a camera for pictures of actual people and places and what not. I was talking more about vectors though, or icons.

5. 960design macrumors 68000

Gotcha... have you tried: googling freeicons?

6. MrAnthonySutton thread starter macrumors newbie

I've found some but they are very limited, I just want some websites that offer good icons.

7. snberk103 macrumors 603

Beware of taking photos of people. You will need their permission.. and perhaps explicit permission... to use any photos of them where they are recognizable. One of the issues you face is that if someone steals an image from one of your sites, and uses that photo of a person you have photographed in an uncomplimentary way.... you may be hear about it. It's a pain to have to go through.

8. SPOOF macrumors newbie

While many scoff at it or dislike dealing with it, there are many talented artists on deviantart that are often happy to license a design or do a design for you if you like their style.

You should be able to find anything from models to icons to vector art to detailed painting/sketches. Some will be free, some will be "mention or link to me" and some will want you to pay (either direct or through royalties) if the end result can make money.

For vector art on a larger scale, most of the good stuff seems to want you to pay, but it is all easy to find (on various different hosts, usually dedicated to selling vector art) with a quick web search.

9. musukosan macrumors regular

iStockPhoto and Fotolia are two that I use. Fotolia is my favorite. It's pretty cheap pricing and they have tons of vectors. Just FYI, those links are affiliate links (I get credits if you buy credits).

10. tekboi macrumors 6502a

tekboi