Where do you guys see the iPad going in the future?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Stirolak123, Jan 14, 2011.

1. Stirolak123 macrumors 6502

Do you see technical upgrades over generations as planned or do you seee specs remaining similar but more integration with the Web and software support by Apple (maybe cloud computing)? Do you see Apple ever putting a custom OS on a tablet or always sharing the iPhone-iPod OS?

2. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

It isn't either-or. Tech specs will of course improve, and software and integration with cloud computing will also get better.

It'll always share the OS with iPhone/iPod, but at the same time, there'll always be features enabled only on the iPad. Currently, only the iPad rotates to all four orientations. Looks like the new multi-touch gestures will be available only on the iPad. And so on.

3. anthonymoody macrumors 68020

I see OSX and iOS continuing to converge to the point where the distinction will become functionally (if not technically) meaningless. We will of course likely continue to have usage-case distinctions (e.g. The OS on the iMac will have an overall UI distinct from the OS on the iPad for example) but it will otherwise "be the same" if you get my meaning. I ponder this often in my blog (see my signature...)

Hardware in the iPad seems to be evolving even faster than I'd originally thought, if the engadget ipad2 rumors prove to be true. A resolution doubled screen (4x pixels) will take a great deal of CPU/gpu horsepower, which in turn will also allow for apps that absolutely blow our minds.

Can't wait!

4. Stirolak123 thread starter macrumors 6502

Do you ever see folders or being able to browse or locate folders via the web on the ipad? So instead of doing everything via appa do you see the web experience on the ipad akin to what it is on osx?

5. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Folders via the web? You mean like Dropbox, iDisk, etc? They are already supported on the iPad by various apps. If you mean something else, please clarify.