Where do you guys sell your MBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by dlpowered89, Jun 25, 2016.

1. dlpowered89 macrumors newbie

I have a mint Macbook Pro 13" (2.7/8/256) with Force touch that I need to get rid of. I have been looking to sell but so far I am unable to find a reliable site that will guarantee a payout without trouble. I have been a long time eBay user but I know their system doesn't work on my favor when selling expensive tech gadget. Any other places I should consider?

Thanks in advance,

2. Totally Bored macrumors member

Totally Bored

3. Spink10 macrumors 601

Spink10

Ditto

4. eric89074 macrumors member

CL is where I bought my MBP. I met the guy at a wells fargo bank and checked it out in the lobby. Once I was satisfied I went to the teller, pulled out the cash, and gave it to him.

5. campyguy macrumors 68030

CL, meeting at their bank for a sale. When the question about internet access comes up - to me, that's just a dodge attempt - I offer to bring my LTE iPad, which has MHS. Be prepared with a short elevator speech when the "buyer" tries to talk you down several hundred dollars...

6. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

Craigslist here too. Met at a coffee shop last time I sold something.

7. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 603

Family and friends, why would I give a great product to a stranger when I can do my family and friends a solid at mates rates.

8. pastrychef macrumors 601

pastrychef

I've also sold all my old computers through Craig's list in the last decade or so.

9. Fancuku macrumors 6502a

Fancuku

I used to just sell them on eBay but the fees were pissing me off. I discoverd www.swappa.com a few months ago and it was a good experience. You get fair prices in there and the fees are half of ebay. I sold my mid 2014 15", a early 2013 MBA and a Chromebook within three days of listing.

10. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Mostly Craigslist but now with two kids who are of the age, I just hand down my older machines and don't sell them.

If I were to sell my Surface Book (my current laptop), I would look at Swappa, because it has less fees then eBay and it generally is faster then craiglist.

11. Spudlicious macrumors 6502

Spudlicious

If the guy's in need of cash for whatever reason - haven't we all been there? - then mates rates might not tick the right box.

12. bingefeller macrumors 6502

If you're in the UK Gumtree isn't bad. There might also be some local Facebook computer buy and sell groups..

13. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

I would rather sell at eBay. I am scared of Craigslist. :(

14. jerm13 macrumors member

15. luminouslight macrumors 6502

luminouslight

I've had good luck with Swappa. They've recently added MacBooks for sale, I've sold iPads and iPhones with no trouble on there.