Where do you guys sell your MBP?

dlpowered89

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 3, 2014
I have a mint Macbook Pro 13" (2.7/8/256) with Force touch that I need to get rid of. I have been looking to sell but so far I am unable to find a reliable site that will guarantee a payout without trouble. I have been a long time eBay user but I know their system doesn't work on my favor when selling expensive tech gadget. Any other places I should consider?

Thanks in advance,

eric89074

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2012
CL is where I bought my MBP. I met the guy at a wells fargo bank and checked it out in the lobby. Once I was satisfied I went to the teller, pulled out the cash, and gave it to him.

Comment

campyguy

macrumors 68040
Mar 21, 2014
CL, meeting at their bank for a sale. When the question about internet access comes up - to me, that's just a dodge attempt - I offer to bring my LTE iPad, which has MHS. Be prepared with a short elevator speech when the "buyer" tries to talk you down several hundred dollars...

Comment

Samuelsan2001

macrumors 604
Oct 24, 2013
Family and friends, why would I give a great product to a stranger when I can do my family and friends a solid at mates rates.

Comment

Fancuku

macrumors 65816
Oct 8, 2015
PA, USA
I used to just sell them on eBay but the fees were pissing me off. I discoverd www.swappa.com a few months ago and it was a good experience. You get fair prices in there and the fees are half of ebay. I sold my mid 2014 15", a early 2013 MBA and a Chromebook within three days of listing.

Comment

maflynn

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Boston
Mostly Craigslist but now with two kids who are of the age, I just hand down my older machines and don't sell them.

If I were to sell my Surface Book (my current laptop), I would look at Swappa, because it has less fees then eBay and it generally is faster then craiglist.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.