All iPads Where do you guys sell your old iPads.

Discussion in 'iPad' started by hachiman, Nov 24, 2013.

1. hachiman macrumors regular

Where do you guys sell it for a good price as a seller? I prefer to avoid craigslist and eBay.

2. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

I went with Gazelle.com after I had no luck selling the iPad 3 at other places.

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Apple, bestbuy takes trade ins, and as mentioned gazelle is an option.

I used this for my iPhone and was satisfied with what they gave me.

4. Nhwhazup macrumors 68000

Nhwhazup

I always use Best Buy. I found them fair with their offers. I always trade in when I upgrade to the next model. But they'll also give you a gift card for the value and then you can use it as you like. I really like Best Buy for he convenience.

5. nehope macrumors member

I like Gazelle. It's simple, safe, and I prefer cash not gift cards.

6. Mr.C macrumors 601

I typically sell mine privately typically to work colleagues thus avoiding those companies and usually get a higher price.

7. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Sold my iPad 3 on EBay & sent my mini to Amazon for $195 GC. Both were the best bang for buck options for each @ time I liquidated them.

8. Becact macrumors member

Gazelle offered $140 for my old mini. Sold it on craigslist for $250 in one day.

Similarly, they offered about 350 for my iPhone 5. Sold it in about a week on craigslist for $500.

There's really no reason to not use Craigslist. Meet in a Starbucks or something and you'll be fine. Plus, cash same day. No check, no waiting.

9. iVegas macrumors 6502

iVegas

I've sold a few to folks at work. I just sold my 3 by posting it on Facebook and it sold in 5 minutes. I really prefer to sell privately if I can. eBay/PayPal fees are crazy and other companies like Gazelle just don't pay enough.

10. skiltrip macrumors 68030

I try to find a friend, or even better, a friend of a friend. No fees, no shipping. You can give them a deal and still make more than you'd get selling on eBay. eBay is great for moving items quickly, but the fees hurt on high priced items.

Ask around at work/school/etc. If your price is fair you'll be surprised at how many people become interested.

11. ikev85 macrumors member

If I don't give it to a friend free/cheap i use e-cycle.com because they're a local company, and i only need to send in the device. They don't care about box, case, charger, etc etc

12. MartinAppleGuy macrumors 68020

MartinAppleGuy

Sell to someone you know; you will get more for it and you know it is in safe hands/ visit it anytime :)