Where do you guys use your Touches more often?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by rgarjr, Jan 13, 2010.

1. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

Just curious where/when you use your Ipod Touch often..

2. Cinematographer macrumors 6502a

Cinematographer

Public transport (Music, Videos and Games)

Everywhere (iCal and Address Book)

3. Brewerpaul macrumors regular

For listening to music, mostly at the gym and down in my workshop.
    I mostly play games only when I have a spare couple of minutes here and there.
    I check email when I'm on break or lunch at work. I also use a drug database there to check out patients' meds,adverse effects etc.

4. johnnyhow macrumors regular

on the Toilet.... Curiosity satisfied?

5. scotty96LSC macrumors 65816

scotty96LSC

Every where every waking moment. Contacts, email, music, video, games and news -- its all there by my side.

6. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

I use my touches in bed with my girlfriend (that I don't have) ;)

7. silversreen macrumors newbie

I sold all of my pc's and laptops, it is my primary device for everything, even though the sound doesn't work anymore. I hate windows so much I'd rather be using a 1g iPod touch than any machine running anything but os x!

8. tenand2indy macrumors member

There's an app for that: It's called Pocket Girlfriend.

9. ascendedoshen macrumors member

I'm homeless so I use it all over!!

It's like my dick it goes with me everywhere!!! It is indeed the perfect homeless guy computer!! Love it!

10. elpmas macrumors 68000

elpmas

too much info? what if you got jacked? would the theory still apply? :D

11. johnnyhow macrumors regular

Just realised, you haven't told us where you use yours. I'm curious.

12. rgarjr thread starter macrumors 603

rgarjr

Yeah I just picked one up today actually. Going to use mine mostly at the gym and I like surfing the net with it in bed.

13. johnnyhow macrumors regular

Nice, how many gig? Yeh I find it hand for using it in bed, and just walking around the house.

14. pavenger macrumors regular

What if HE got jacked or what if his IPOD got jacked? Those are two very different questions that I don't want answers to.

15. pavenger macrumors regular

You my friend will find yourself using it ALL THE TIME! or at least I did. I use it everywhere, the Car, Public transit, the library, bed, on the john crapper, even while im at my MacBook Pro. It never ends. there are far too many good apps. I feel like a total doucher and i really never wanted to be one of those guys but Im all about my "Apps" and I never put this thing down.... I might just be a rare case, but almost everyone I know is the exact same way

16. agkm800 macrumors 6502a

agkm800

I don't take public transportation. If I did, that would be the No.1 place, especially the commuter train is equipped with wi-fi like in Boston.

I use my Touch mostly in bed before I fall asleep. I always find my Touch under my back in the morning. Absolutely harmless. Sounds hard to believe, but it's true.

17. pavenger macrumors regular

My university is about 40 miles from home and my student ID doubles as a bus pass so I take the bus. The big "accordian style" buses have wifi so that's kinda cool. I usually try to squeeze in a few minutes of call of duty zombies online during my morning commute

18. brownsl macrumors newbie

I have not bought a Touch yet but I am so looking forward to getting it. I saw my niece's over Christmas and thought it was very nice. I received an Amazon gift certificate as a Christmas gift and I am just waiting to see if there is any exciting news at the end of the month before I get it. I will be using it all around the house. It will be nice to check email and weather in the morning without opening the laptop. Plus, there is a cool book database app I am looking forward to using. I have quite a few books and it will be nice when I go into a used bookstore knowing what I have. Also, listening to music will be nice. I am hoping I can get a nice set of Bluetooth headphones to use it when I mow.

Shawn

19. GidbinN macrumors member

GidbinN

iUse my iPhone 24/7

Morning: Alarm, Calendar, To Do, weather
    On the Bus: News, Facebook etc.
    School: Dictionary, Wikipedia
    Lunch Break: Youtube, Games
    Home: Phone, SMS, Sync everthing
    Before sleep: Diary or Blog,
    Sleep: Turn to airplane mode, listen to music with iPod sleep function
    Morning: Alarm, Cal, to do...

Like I said Twenty-four-seven.

20. trsnrtr macrumors 6502

trsnrtr

Besides browsing wherever I find wifi, I download a lot of podcasts to listen to in the car.

21. Austin2048 macrumors 6502

Austin2048

I use my iPod touch all the freaking time. I wake up to my alarm app. Go to the bus blasting death metal. I use it during class when I'm done my work or if I'm bored. Right after school I'm blasting more death metal. At home I play games and listen to music. I use it for facebook, myspace, Twitter, email. I use it to go on the 500 forums I'm on. I use it in bed, on the crapper, in the shower (I put it on the sink with music playing). You won't ever catch me without my iPod unless I'm outside playing around with my little nitro rc truck. I use this thing all the time. Hell, it's even in my bed when I'm asleep. I put it under my pillow when it charges at night... I need a life. Oh wait! I have one! It's my iPod!! :D

22. Dreyrugr macrumors newbie

I use it everywhere. It remembers passwords, keeps lists, takes notes, checks several emails, stores contacts, troubleshoots networks, calculates any number of things, provides a variety of reference material, checks the news and weather, provides reading material at airports, gives me access to various accounts, keeps my WoW account secure and informs and entertains me with dozens of podcast subscriptions. This is the most useful thing I've ever owned. I can't think of any place where I don't use my 'touch.

23. jomarr macrumors member

70% for music (I have a 64 gb Touch). The 30% are on games and browsing. I think a Classic fits me more but the Touch is an all in one device I love it. I sometimes don't wanna open my laptop just to check notification so with my iPod touch, I check them in a few minutes without the hassle of starting and shutting down my laptop.

24. menolly13 macrumors newbie

Everywhere. Definitely the most useful device I've ever owned.