Where do you have a golf membership?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Hawkeye411, Apr 25, 2008.

1. Hawkeye411 macrumors 68000

Hawkeye411

The golf course I'm a member at opens this Wednesday!! WOOO HOOOOOO
    First the 9 hole executive course and driving range and then the signature course should open about a week later. :D

http://www.kingswoodpark.com/golf.php

It's been a long rough winter this year. We have had a lot of snow out here on the East Coast of Canada!!

Where are you a member??

2. bigandy macrumors G3

bigandy

My Alumni membership grants me free use of the 9 hole on the campus, and it's rather nice (but easy), with views of the William Wallace Monument and Stirling Castle (course is just out of frame to the right). It's quite nice, as are all the sporting facilities there. It's home to the Scottish Institute of Sport, National Swimming Academy (with a £6.4m ($12.8m) automatic depth adjusting pool), National Tennis Centre, etc etc etc etc. :rolleyes:

I really should be heading up there more often now the (albeit short) summer is coming. :)

3. NC MacGuy macrumors 603

NC MacGuy

4. bigandy macrumors G3

bigandy

Free is always a good price, but I've found sometimes it really isn't worth it... :rolleyes:

5. Hawkeye411 thread starter macrumors 68000

Hawkeye411

Wow .. that looks like a beautiful spot. Your lucky to have a free membership!!

6. bigandy macrumors G3

bigandy

This whole area of Scotland is pretty damn fine looking - when it's not raining.

So, for three days a year, it's fantastic. :rolleyes:

7. NC MacGuy macrumors 603

NC MacGuy

I've golfed a few Pebble Beach courses a few times so my idea of fancy has a pretty high bar.

My limited membership is on a very nice semi-private course and I paid for it as a company expense for entertaining clients. It's only free in the very general sense of the term. It did cost a good bit of money but if there's not a client in-town to entertain, 8 tee times a month is eight tee times, use 'em or lose 'em;)

8. jones14 macrumors member

Lancaster Country Club in Lancaster, MO

It's a decent course but only 9 holes, and not too challenging. Only $125 per year for unlimited golf.

9. mac-convert macrumors 6502a

mac-convert

So many here in Spokane, WA. There are, I think, four owned by the city, and four county owned. Prices are ridiculous. You can purchase a discount card for $25 for the year. The first price is with, the second without. One of the two are a couple bucks more.

Weekday $17 or $18 / $25 or $27.
    Weekend $25 or $27 regardless of card.

The courses are great, with three of them within 15 minutes of where I live. None more than 30 to 45 minutes.

Check it out - link here.

10. Hawkeye411 thread starter macrumors 68000

Hawkeye411

I paid $2050 + tax for my membership. I get unlimited play during the week (monday to friday) on the 9 hole executive and the signature 18 hole links style course. The membership includes use of a power cart, club storage, locker in the change room, unlimited use of the practice facility including the driving range, members spring golf clinics, and 2 members socials/golf tournaments and 50% off for a membership at the gym. Pretty good deal I think.

Cheers.