Where do you post if you're an iBook/PowerBook owner?

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by MACDRIVE, Feb 27, 2008.

1. MACDRIVE macrumors 68000

MACDRIVE

Being that the the iBook and PowerBook forums are gone, where is the designated place to post a hardware question about the prehistoric PowerBook?

2. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Is it really that hard to use just a teeny tiny bit of common sense?

The MacBook replaced the iBook, there for it might make sense that if you have an iBook problem to post there. Likewise the MacBook Pro replaced the PowerBook, guess where you might post about PowerBook problems?

3. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

Actually I hadn't noticed that iBook/PowerBook had been removed from the forum titles. (the PowerMac is included in the MacPro section) It couldn't hurt to have the iBook and Powerbook in the appropriate forum titles for the sake of clarity. Yeah most can figure it out but still. :p

4. MACDRIVE thread starter macrumors 68000

MACDRIVE

I didn't want to contaminate the fresh Penryn MBP forum with a question in regards to my ancient filthy PowerBook. :cool:

5. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

^ drama 'tard. :p

I <3 powerbooks (I use one too) and I'm sure even those of us with rusty, dusty, squeaking old notebooks are welcome to post in there.

6. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Don't worry, your ancient filthy PPC PowerBook is more than welcome among the Intel MBP youth!

7. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

Discussion of computers made before 2008 is strictly prohibited!

Oh wait, I just checked the rules and it's actually OK. ;)

We added a few more words to the forum titles to cover the older models, just to make it clear.

8. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

^ that's in the forum description though, no? Which is fine if you click into the appropriate forum but it's on the index (or not, as it were) where people might be confused. The desktops section has PowerMac and eMac covered but the notebooks section doesn't cover the previous models.

Picture 1.png

I dunno, I suppose for the sake of consistency and clarity I think maybe adding PowerBook and iBook could be nice. (?)

(even if the original manner of bringing this up was a bit cheeky, Mr MACDRIVE :p)

9. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

It you click the Notebook link, you'll see powerbook and ibook

10. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

Personally, I think the notebook forum names are too pretty to clutter up with more words.

11. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

Um yeah, that's what I just said. It's there if you click it, not on the index.

I don't really care, I know where to go if I have to post regarding powerbooks or ibooks but I was thinking of those who may not, as well as consistency because PowerMac and eMacs are mentioned in the Desktops section.

Whatever though, no biggie, tidy wins. I was just bringing up a point.

12. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

I agree, but on the bright side, adding more words makes it slightly easier to click :p

13. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

Hey! They did it! (added iBook and Powerbook to the names of the notebook forums in the index) :)

Thanks for hearing a girl out on it. :eek: I think it still looks nice and tidy and it's accurate. :)