Where do you put it?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ChrisTR, Feb 9, 2009.

1. ChrisTR macrumors newbie

I'm considering getting an iPhone, but I'm wondering how I would carry it around since it's bigger than my current flip phone. How do you carry yours? Ladies have it easy, you can just drop it in your bag. Guys, do you carry it on your belt, front pocket, back pocket, etc? Thanks for the help.

2. cobaltchroma macrumors regular

cobaltchroma

i keep mine in my front right pocket.
    the back pocket seems like a dumb idea cause youll sit on it and it rubs on your pants, so itll scratch.

3. WhySoSerious macrumors 65816

WhySoSerious

seriously...no offense or disrespect on my reply, but this is a pretty pointless topic. you carry your phone like you carry any other phone or any other item. do you really need people to "help" you decide where to carry it?

here's my "help": just use common sense and logic.

4. ChrisTR thread starter macrumors newbie

I don't need help deciding where to put it, I was just wondering how other people did it. I suppose I'd have the same question/concern about any smartphone. I know I'm not the only person who's thought about this, but I was looking for a wider range of input than what I get from my circle of friends.

5. WhySoSerious macrumors 65816

WhySoSerious

i put the phone in my front pants pocket...not the back pocket. (shocker!)

there, does that help?

6. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

7. Opie macrumors 6502a

Opie

In my front left pocket because when I am at the urinal I hold with my right hand and I can pull my iphone out and use it with my left hand while I pee. My iphone has replaced my newspaper and magazines while I poo too.

8. spice weasel macrumors 65816

I had this same exact issue when I was trying to decide whether or not to buy an iPhone. In the past, I simply carried my cell phone in my front pocket. But this was no ordinary phone - this was an iPhone! I thought of rigging up some kind of holster for it, but I always hated the way they look. The back pocket was out of question because of the likelihood of sitting on it. I thought about putting it in my shirt pocket, but I don't always wear a shirt with a pocket. A jacket pocket would do, but what about the summer?

In the end, I decided that the only way to carry my iPhone would be in a murse. That's right, a Man Purse. So I got the biggest, flaming-est leather man purse I could find and I use that to carry my phone. It's stylish and practical. Who says you can't have form and function at the same time?

Ok, seriously dude. Front pocket. This ain't rocket science.

9. Exley macrumors newbie

I keep my iPhone in my front right pocket, separate from anything else (car keys, loose change from lunch, ect) that might scuff or scratch it.

10. gabe281 macrumors newbie

Put it where?

Since the iphone is so different from all other phones I have to carry it differently than any other phone I've ever had in the past. This is why I keep my iphone in my underwear at all times. <sarcasm>

11. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

I keep it on my hip in a Sena Eléga leather holster. Best cases ever made and it is just a holder so I can use the iPhone naked.

12. Exley macrumors newbie

lol isn't it a little hard to get to when it rings? :rolleyes:

if your considering how to carry it this much you might also want to invest in some sort of case to protect it and put your mind at ease.

13. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

lolz

Holsters are awesome.

14. Knoxville3G macrumors member

^ + 1000. LOL!!!! :D It's great that people are still creative on here.

15. bytethese macrumors 68030

bytethese

When I saw "Where do you put it?" I was thinking, birds, bees, etc and that this was not the proper forum for this. :)

But anyways, front right pocket, like any other phone I've ever owned. :)

16. d21mike macrumors 68040

d21mike

Front left since I hold the phone in my left hand when talking on the phone.

17. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

Same here. My right pocket is dedicated for car keys and wallet.

18. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

When I put my iPhone in my pocket, I go for the left too. For one, I hold my iPhone with my left hand usually, so I can control with my right. For two, the left pocket is where I used to put my iPod, so I still have a habit of leaving that pocket empty.

19. DuFFy macrumors regular

so you started being sarcastic after this?

I had to point out your incorrect use of the sarcasm tag

on topic I put it in my left front pocket, specifically front facing my leg, so i dont hit my leg with/run into something and crack the glass..

20. spice weasel macrumors 65816

Please kill this thread. I'm begging you, for the love of all things good and holy can we please just put this thing out of its misery...

:D

21. rburly macrumors 6502a

rburly

My front left pocket. ;)

22. ACKRITE macrumors member

ACKRITE

Where do you put it?

Anywhere she'll let me....

....she's a picky phone!

23. uiop. macrumors 68020

uiop.

Front right pocket, if you wear it on your belt, I hope someone points and laughs at you.

24. dvanwinkle macrumors newbie

Front Pocket or Cell Pocket

I put mine in my Cell Phone pocket or my front pocket. I highly recommend the incase slider for protecting it. I don't have any screen protection and it hasn't scratched in the 8 months I have had it.

25. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

I put my iPhone in rburly's front left pocket, too. (;