Where do you put the plus when your not useing it

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by christom1174, Sep 18, 2017.

1. christom1174, Sep 18, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2017

christom1174 macrumors newbie

For those of you that have a plus where do you put it when your out in public and not using it? your pocket or do you have a some kind of belt clip?

2. Technarchy macrumors 604

Technarchy

3. MjWoNeR macrumors 6502

MjWoNeR

Pocket in jeans, hoodie or jacket.

Some front pockets might interfere when I sit down though and I have to remove the phone before I sit.

4. Shirasaki macrumors G3

Shirasaki

I always carry a bag with me and put my phone into it. TBH, my bad can even put a 9.7 iPad Pro. Just a plus size iPhone won’t have any problem.

5. ANTAWNM26 macrumors 6502a

ANTAWNM26

Huh? You asked where I put my phone when I'm not using it? are subjects getting that hard to come up with

6. danmart, Sep 18, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2017

danmart macrumors 6502a

danmart

This is a worthwhile question, it sometimes a problem for me.

I can't fit a plus phone reliably in front-of-pants pockets, so when I am wearing jeans it goes in a back pocket. I refuse to sit on my phone, however, so often when sitting I have to put the phone on a table or even hold it if there is no where convenient to rest it(e.g. cinema).

You can fit the plus phone into a standard shirt pocket, so that is a useful option.

At work I wear a jacket so it rides in the inside pocket at such times.

If all else fails I sometimes use a small courier bag to hold it and maybe sunglasses, too.

7. Newtons Apple, Sep 18, 2017

Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

I go against all that is acceptable and mine goes in a clip on my belt. Hard to get in and out of pocket while driving. The clip offers me quick access and the ability to put it back quickly when done.

Do not care what others think, I do what works best for me.

8. gSOLO macrumors member

gSOLO

Front pocket of my jeans. Even with it sticking up a bit, it's fine there.

9. harlenmm77 macrumors 6502

Stop wearing skinny pants and you won’t have that front pocket problem. I’m wearing a pair of old navy khakis and easily fit the phone in my front pocket.

10. bambooshots macrumors 65816

bambooshots

11. danmart macrumors 6502a

danmart

It's not skinny pants, it's big thighs (sorry, but you went there :D)

12. eyoungren, Sep 18, 2017

eyoungren macrumors Core

eyoungren

Cargo pants.

Back pocket or side pocket depending on the type of cargo pants I am wearing that day.

13. BeeGood macrumors 68000

BeeGood

Left front pocket, screen facining inwards, always by itself.

If I couldn’t pocket it (for whatever reason), I’m actually not sure I would have bought one.

14. eyoungren macrumors Core

eyoungren

Depending on which car I am driving, my phone either goes into a cubby in front of the shifter (on top of a leather sleeve left there for that purpose) or in one of the cup holders in the center console.

Being in a pocket while driving is not comfortable for me. And these places make it easier to get to the phone if there is a call (I do not answer text messages while driving).

15. BigMcGuire Contributor

BigMcGuire

Back pocket. Been doing this since I had my 6+. That's only when I'm standing and walking somewhere. When I drive it is in my center console plugged into the cigarette lighter doing Waze. When I'm at work, it sits upside down on my desk unused for most of the day (family, work, friends use Telegram (which works on the PC too)). At college, it sits upside down on top of my laptop case while I do my classes. At restaurants, it sits upside down on top of my wallet on the table next to my food (furthest away from foot traffic).

Never accidentally sat on my 6+ or my 6s+. I did sit on my Note 3 years ago accidentally but it took it like a champ and didn't break (and I'm 220+ pounds 5'11).

I have a coworker that keeps his 6+ in his front pocket with his keys, change, etc... it looks really good for what it has gone through imo. And yes, it stays in his front pocket even when he is sitting.

16. Gudi macrumors 68030

Gudi

17. eric3312 macrumors 6502

I put it in my fanny pack that I wear every day

18. Alexander.Of.Oz macrumors 68030

Alexander.Of.Oz

I think you meant to say you keep it in your humidor! ;)

19. jkozlow3, Sep 18, 2017

jkozlow3 macrumors 6502a

I realize many people like the plus, but...

Doesn't anyone find it a little ridiculous that phones no longer fit it many people's pockets anymore? I realize that some people wear larger and looser fitting clothing and say they have no problem, but it's obviously a problem for many or there wouldn't be threads like this. I don't wear painted-on "skinny" jeans, (but not baggy jeans either) and there is no way that the plus fits comfortably in my pocket - especially when I sit down (I've tried with other people's plus phones).

For me, the lack of portability/pocketability has been a deal breaker from day 1. I find the non-plus to be the perfect size for something I have to carry around. Yeah, it would be nice to have a larger screen, but I'm not about to start using my iPad or MacBook as my phone either. At the end of the day, it still has to be portable and I don't want to have to worry about if I'm going to have a place to put it when I leave the house.

20. kilcher macrumors 65816

kilcher

21. SomeGuy2112 macrumors regular

SomeGuy2112

This is definitely an interesting topic...

And is why I am going from a 6S to an 8. I love the extra gig of ram in the Plus, the camera, and even the extra screen real estate, but it just seems way to cumbersome to carry comfortably.

TBH, even the 6S is borderline too big IMO. I took out my old 5S over the weekend and just really still love that form factor.

The X may be a good compromise but I'll let it bake a year and see one hands-on first.

22. ectospheno macrumors regular

I agree it is a bit large. I went to a plus size because my old eyes need a larger font and this made having a larger screen nice. If it doesn't fit in your pockets then I guess you could use a hand bag. Or even just hold it. In any event the screen is sexy.

23. danmart macrumors 6502a

danmart

I went Plus for the enhanced camera more than anything else. The extra screen estate has proven very nice, however.

A factor for me is I have Watch and (now) AirPods, too, so I don't actually have to get my phone out to handle calls or control music. It takes away the need to hurriedly dig out your phone to answer a call etc.

iPhone X seems like a very interesting compromise, which is why I am interested in it personally.

24. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

Yep. I seldom touch my phone as the BT system works really well.