Where do you put your iPhone 6 or 6+???

kingofwale

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 24, 2010
Now that increasing amount of people are calling iPhone in pocket as NOT "normal use", I'm puzzled as to how to carry my phone.

I've always placed my iphone in my pocket. either it's front or back or side, or wore pants independent of my phone's need.

So I ask you, how do you carry your iPhone 6/+

dontwalkhand

macrumors 603
Jul 5, 2007
Always front, NEVER BACK, pockets, or sometimes shirt pocket, if I am wearing a shirt with a pocket.

tonyy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 8, 2011
Dallas
Front pocket most of the time.

I do put it in my back pocket if I'm walking around a lot. I always remember to take it out of the back if I'm about to sit down.

kingofwale

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 24, 2010
Front pocket most of the time.

I do put it in my back pocket if I'm walking around a lot. I always remember to take it out of the back if I'm about to sit down.
how would you remember to take it out everytime you sit? I always forget. It was never a habit of mine

tonyy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 8, 2011
Dallas
how would you remember to take it out everytime you sit? I always forget. It was never a habit of mine
It was never a habit of mine either. Just something I remember to do ever since the 6/6 Plus came out. I've always taken meticulous care of my belongings and stay conscience of stuff like this.

scaredpoet

macrumors 604
Apr 6, 2007
In the fall/winter: inner coat pocket
Other times: The cell [hone pouch of my laptop/ipad bag, or on my belt.

This has always been the case with my smartphones, starting with my old Treo back in the day.

myscrnnm

macrumors 65816
Sep 16, 2014
Seattle, WA
I've always put my past phones in my front pants pocket. Starting with the 6 Plus, I've been putting it in jacket pockets and breast pockets. And if they're not available, I just hold it. But if I had the 6 Minus, I would be comfortable putting it in my pants; the size is much more manageable.

McDaddio

macrumors 6502a
Oct 6, 2014
Now that increasing amount of people are calling iPhone in pocket as NOT "normal use",
No one is saying that.

What people are commenting on is when people assert that they only carry their phone "normally" and never did anything unusual have their phones bend while the millions and millions of people who carry their phone in the same way don't.

I have had mine in my pocket from day one.

Never an issue.

mightyjabba

macrumors 68000
Sep 25, 2014
Tatooine
I've always put my past phones in my front pants pocket. Starting with the 6 Plus, I've been putting it in jacket pockets and breast pockets.
The part about breast pockets sounds just crazy to me. Bend over once without thinking and it's on the floor.

I've been carrying my Plus without a case in my left front pants pocket just like every other phone I've ever had. It's perfectly comfortable there, and I absolutely refuse to change my habits to accommodate my phone. If it's such a delicate flower that it can't stand up to being carried in your pocket, then I'll have to look into getting something else. But I don't believe that to be the case at all. It's still in perfect shape, for what it's worth.

GoingDark

macrumors 6502
Nov 2, 2013
The part about breast pockets sounds just crazy to me. Bend over once without thinking and it's on the floor.
Agreed. The only close call I've ever had was with a phone in my shirt pocket. Falls out way too easily with the slightest lean over.

I always keep mine in my front pants pocket.

Gryfter

macrumors 6502
Apr 15, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
front right pocket, always... nothing else is in that pocket...

front left is for my wallet...

loose change is back left pocket...

mgs315

macrumors member
Apr 28, 2011
Segregated from my keys in either my front trouser pocket or in a jacket pocket.

If I put it in my back pocket with my fat arse it would definitely bend!

Cool Pup

macrumors 6502a
Jun 18, 2010
Dallas, TX
Front pocket, always. I'll usually keep it in there if I'm sitting in a non-compact situation, but if I'm going to be squeezed in a little tight I'll take it out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.