Where do you put your iPhone when your not using it in public

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by buddylee3d, Sep 11, 2014.

1. buddylee3d macrumors newbie

I have never owned a smart phone and am going to purchase the iPhone 6 plus in the next few months. When you are out in public do you just put it in your pocket or do you use a carry case that clips onto your belt? Do you know of any good quality carry cases for the iphone?

2. NJRonbo macrumors 68000

Pocket or media dock.

Working on getting a media dock.

3. alanrocks macrumors regular

alanrocks

4. Jman13 macrumors 68000

Front right pocket. Nothing else goes in there, which avoids scratches and accidental bending or such.

5. G-Ziss macrumors regular

In my bag when I'm at work, otherwise sometimes I'll wear it on my belt and sometimes I'll put it in my back pocket. I keep my keys and wallet in my front pockets so there's no room in there.

6. Richdmoore macrumors 68000

Richdmoore

Personal iPhone 5s (In an apple leather case) goes in my front pocket. At work when I am in the cockpit I tend to put it in my brest shirt pocket, as it is a pain to check if I engaged airplane mode if I still have it in my pants pocket.
    (To be fair, the iPhone 5s is slightly too tall for a shirt pocket, I can't imagine I would be able to fit the next iphone in there.)

Oh, and the screen on the 5s is tough, I have accidentally put my bare phone and keys together in the same pocket multiple times without any issues (although to still would not recommend it.)

I also have a work iPhone 5s (in an otter box defender case required by my employer.). That goes on a belt clip, however it has become unclipped while sitting. The defender case with belt clip also gives off the "Batman Utility Belt" look, which is not fashionable in any way.

I am not planning to upgrade my personal phone now, but once it is time I am going to have to physically handle each model to see what will work for me, I suspect the smaller model might be easier for my needs.

7. ZhenyaF macrumors 6502

8. udontno macrumors regular

udontno

My purse (but I'm a woman and I carry it everywhere).

9. Vertigo50 macrumors 65816

Vertigo50

My left pocket is my phone pocket. Nothing else EVER goes in that pocket. No keys, no receipts, nothing. As someone said above, this has kept me scratch-free through multiple iPhone models over the years.

10. makefunnyfaces macrumors 6502a

Purse, backpack, or waist of yoga pants/leggings. :p

11. 3squirrels macrumors newbie

Just like I've done with my iPhone 5, I'll be tossing it into an EDC bag (google it).

[​IMG]

12. Ntombi macrumors 68040

Ntombi

This, exactly. My iPhones are always naked, so this is essential.

Also, if I'm wearing clothes with no pockets, it goes into my bra.