Where do you sell you used MacBook?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by jerrykur, Dec 1, 2013.

1. jerrykur macrumors newbie

Hi,

I have a mid-2010 Macbook Pro 13 to on which I have upgraded the disk to a 250 GB SSD Samsunc 830) and 8 GB of memory, I also replaced the CD Drive with a OWC doubler and installed the previous 500 GB Hybrid drive as a second drive. I have an external USB enclosure for the CD Drive

I am thinking about selling this system, but the large trade in sites would give me nothing extra for the SSD, additional memory, or second hard drive. I can sell this unit on eBay, but are there other options?

Thanks,

Jerry

2. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

3. rei101 macrumors 6502a

Start selling it for the amount you consider first.
    Ebay is good but Craigslist is faster even you would have to decrease the price a bit more in Craigslist.

4. duncanapple macrumors 6502

Craigslist is about the only way to go. Ebay has gotten ridiculous with all the various listing fees, paypal fees, etc. And then factor in a buyer leaning bias in the event of a dispute... I haven't attempted to sell anything on ebay much less a computer in some time. True you may get a bit more on ebay vs craigslist but the net value in your pocket is about a wash or favors craigslist, and the risk is much less (assuming you use your head with craigslist; meet in public/crowded places, accept only cash, go with a friend, etc).

5. sathi macrumors newbie

From which country you are so that I can suggest you the best website to sell it..