Where do you think the 3G will ship from?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by MiguelS, Apr 27, 2010.

?

Where the 3G ship from?

Poll closed Apr 30, 2010.
  1. USA

71.8%
  2. China

19.7%
  3. Jobs Home

8.5%
  1. MiguelS macrumors regular

From the US or China....

I am guessing US. Meaning they are already stocked here in the US.

2. 3goldens macrumors 68000

3goldens

3. antiprotest macrumors 65816

antiprotest

US. It's getting more and more unlikely that they will ship from China...a bit late.

4. EnderW macrumors newbie

An Apple employee told me, "You will see a final charge a couple days before your iPad ships from the warehouse". I then asked, "Oh, so this isn't shipping from China? This is shipping from a warehouse in the U.S?" She then, seemingly reluctantly, replied, "Yes, these are shipping from the warehouse in the U.S?"

Having said that, I've had 20 items purchased from Apple in the past year and they've all shipped from China. Everything from cables to MacBooks, so it's hard to imagine how this will be different.

5. ob81 macrumors 65816

ob81

People seem to be ignoring the fact that the ipad technically could SHIP on the 30th. Not what they want to hear though. Apple products ship from overseas.

6. marcovortex macrumors member

marcovortex

Not true. Copied this from apple.com..
    iPad Wi-Fi + 3G Models Available in US on April 30
    April 23, 2010
    Apple announced that the Wi-Fi + 3G models of its magical iPad will be delivered to US customers who’ve pre-ordered on Friday, April 30, and will be available in Apple Retail Stores the same day starting at 5:00 p.m. iPad Wi-Fi models are available for purchase now at your favorite Apple Retail Store or from the Apple Online Store with free delivery to your door. Read more: apple.com/ipad

7. fishkorp macrumors 68020

fishkorp

One of my launch day 3GS iPhones shipped from Georgia, my iPad case also shipped from the US. Apple most certainly ships plenty of items from the US. It was probably cheaper for them to ship in bulk from China to their US warehouses, then next-day/2-day ship to individual customers rather than priority ship directly from China to each person. My guess is they're shipping from the US.

8. antiprotest macrumors 65816

antiprotest

It was in their official press release: "will be delivered to US customers who’ve pre-ordered on Friday, April 30."

http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2010/04/20ipad.html

9. 3goldens macrumors 68000

3goldens

I just don't believe they have that capability, it will ship from China and it will be here on the 30th.

Probably why they changed all the shipping to priority so they could ship wed/thurs.

it is possible.

10. antiprotest macrumors 65816

antiprotest

Who is "they"? Apple or FedEx?

11. jameskk macrumors regular

I too have had plenty of items arrive from US in the past few years. Most recently, my two iPad cases originated from Kentucky when they were shipped to me earlier this month.

Also, if I am not mistaken, all copies of Snow Leopard that were pre-ordered last year came from US Distribution.

12. orangerock macrumors regular

Wi-Fi owners, is a signature required at delivery?

13. OpenThirdeye macrumors member

A signature is required with most deliveries from Apple. You can pre-sign for it and post the form on your door if you're not going to be home.

14. OpenThirdeye macrumors member

I don't know about the rest of you, but I couldn't care less where my iPad is shipped FROM, so long as it's in my hands Friday!

15. orangerock macrumors regular

Thanks

16. raw911 macrumors regular

I was just on phone with apple about another order and figured while I had him on phone I'll ask about my iPad. He said deff be there by Friday and it was shipping from PA. Which happens to be the ship to state. So I said oh so not coming from china and he said no. Now u can kinda take that with a grain of salt cause if u call 5 times ud get 5 different answers.

17. David R macrumors 6502

I would just like to remind people that the signature release form won't always work. My UPS driver decided not to accept it for the iPhone 3GS. He left a sticky note saying that he needed the signature on his pad.

UPS told me that if I wanted it the same day, I had to drive to their depot. I had to raise hell way pass regular customer service channels to get my package redelivered the same day.

I took the day off to wait for the iPad, but I realize that this is not an option for some people.

18. jamie327 macrumors newbie

Apple does use US distribution for items purchased from the Apple Store. I've received shipments from Ingram Micro rather than through international routes before. There is a lot of thought and planning that goes into logistics and distribution, it's not a one size fits all scenario.

19. kirchnrd macrumors 6502

kirchnrd

Yes, they required a signiture. You can pre-sign, and they can leave it at your front door, back door, or neighbor that you specify on the form. I had a pre-signed form on my front door, and I stayed home to be sure. They will do the same for the 3G, and the pre-sign works for both FedEx and UPS.

20. tuckerstevenson macrumors member

lol, this is such a pointless thread. I can't see how where it ships from has any bearing on anything. Your 3G iPad you pre-ordered will be here by 5 on the 30th. If yours comes later, too damn bad, that's just life and thats all there is to it. You can't sue Apple over it, you could boycott, but realistically that will accomplish nothing for you. So stop worrying. 99% of people who pre-ordered their 3G by the 19th will have it by Saturday afternoon. 85% will probably have it before Friday at 5 and the unfortunate folks who live in awkward delivery areas will be getting theres Saturday. Personally I got sick of waiting on shipment ******** and decided to go with the one place that I know will have an Apple iPad 3G on Friday @ 5. An Apple Retail Store. Say what you will about lines or not getting the one I want. I'm not concerned, a friend of mine is going to save me a spot in line at the Apple Store starting at 9am. But I have 3 apple retail stores within a 7 mile radius of me, as well as 3 Best Buys. I will have my 64Gig, by 5:15 Friday afternoon, no questions asked, no late deliveries, no time taken off work or spent ignoring school. I've been waiting since January, and have been really tempted since April 3rd. But at this point I feel like I know enough to be making an educated decision on the product I want. I want the 64gig, and even if all goes to **** and I can't get it Friday, I have no problem waiting for what I really want.

besides, I have to wait for my screen cover to come. I'd be super bummed if I had my iPad but had to get grubby finger prints all over it before I could cover that gorgeous screen.

21. EnderW macrumors newbie

I've had this conversation twice now with Apple. Today I called under the guise of "The pending charge disappeared...am I SOL?".

The reply was, "No, sir, you'll see a posted final charge in the next couple days. We pre-auth the cards a week ahead so we can give customers a chance to resolve funds shortages prior to our actual ship date. Since we'll be charging you just a ahead of shipment this time it wouldn't give people much of a chance to resolve funding issues if we charged you at 8pm for something that would ship out the next day by noon".

"Oh, so I guess it's not coming from China then?"

"Um, no these are coming from the warehouse this time. Even if they were shipping from China, though, they'd still only take two days."

"But the 'warehouse' is in the U.S?"

"Yes, these are shipping from the U.S. I hope I've helped you today...if there's anything else..."

22. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Welcome to MacRumors.;)

I think that they will ship from China.

23. tuckerstevenson macrumors member

great, now someone get me a GPS location of that warehouse and we'll post it all over the internet, so you know, if anyone in the world decided they wanted to hijack a shipment and maybe resale for thousands overseas they now can. jeez, there are reasons why this information is kept private. And don't pretend like that is too large of a crime for someone to pull off or to try to plan. I can see many different criminal organizations getting a good laugh out of depriving folks of something we are all irrationally in love with. just leave it be.

24. Lotus Esprit V8 macrumors regular

They will all ship from where they are made which is China.

25. macuserx86 macrumors 6502a

macuserx86