Where do you wear your watch?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by jabingla2810, May 22, 2015.

?

Where do you wear yours?

1. Right at the bottom next to my hand

29 vote(s)
    38.2%
  2. A bit further up my arm

47 vote(s)
    61.8%
  1. jabingla2810 macrumors 68020

This is a farily inane topic, but after seeing lots of pictures of watches on wrists, something continues to stand out at me.

Before I start, I would like to say, the watch is personal and there is no right or wrong way to wear your own watch.

Having said that, a lot of people here seem to wear their watch very low down, practically touching the back of their hand.

This strikes me as odd with the Apple Watch for 3 reasons.

1. The heart rate sensor protrudes out the back, almost perfectly designed to fall between the radius and ulnar bones in your arm.

2. With the watch so low down, it restricts movement of the wrist. For example, I spent a lot of my time crawling around on the floor playing with my daughter, something I couldn't do with the watch so low down, not without damaging myself or the watch.

3. It looks like it would be pressing the digital crown accidentally all the time.

So, thats my train of thought, it looks odd to me that the back of your hand could touch the watch.

So how do you wear yours? And if you do wear it down by your hand, do you still find it comfortable/functional?

2. DirtySocks85 macrumors 65816

DirtySocks85

I wear it a little up my arm, but not much. Comfort, heart rate monitor and prevention of accidental use seem to work best when my watch is placed just high enough that I can't touch the digital crown with the back of my hand, even when my wrist is fully flexed back.

[​IMG]

3. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

The correct way to wear a watch, yes there is a correct way, is below the wrist bone closer to your body.

I do see a lot of people wearing it very close to their hands though.

4. spiderman0616 macrumors 68030

spiderman0616

It drives me NUTS when people wear it so low on their arm that it's right at the bend in their wrist. It was always a super annoying feeling to me, and when I see that, it makes me feel like my own watch is doing that (even though it's not).

Incidentally, I saw someone the other night wearing a SS model with Milanese loop. She had it literally dangling off of her arm and flopping around, which drove me even crazier. The Apple Watch literally does not function correctly if it's not in contact with your skin.

5. Joe1602 macrumors regular

Both. Mine is loose, so it slides from both ends. Never loses contact so much that it comes locked, but the heart rate monitor doesn't work well like that.

6. jds4300 macrumors member

This is absurd.

7. AbeFrohman macrumors 6502

AbeFrohman

Wow. Such emphatic support for where & how others should wear their watches...

To each their own. I wear it down by my hand as I have every other watch I've ever worn. I still get notifications, doesn't lock because it looses contact, heart rate functions and I don't accidentally press the digital crown.

For me, it's more comfortable down near my hand/in front of the bones and it's also much more practical. I wear long a suit and long sleeve shirts evert day for work - it's much easier to slightly extend my arm to expose a watch than it is to make a larger exaggerated movement to expose the watch from under a shirt sleeve cuff.

8. Mr.C macrumors 601

The correct way is what feels most comfortable to the individual. The correct way for me is wearing it close to my hand the way I have worn watches all my life. i have never inadvertently activated anything on the watch as a result.

9. jabingla2810 thread starter macrumors 68020

10. taff2003 macrumors member

I wear mine reasonably loose during the day, and typically at or near the wrist bone.

When I go to the gym, I tighten the sports band up a notch, then wear it about 0.5-1" up further up my arm. I've found that the HR sensor is much more reliable for me that way when working out.

11. iPhysicist macrumors 6502a

iPhysicist

This one is not a human being but a D E S I G N E R. They tend to go for looks most of the time :eek:

Don't take this tooooo serious. The previous poster said all and everything.

12. Wsidewarrior07 macrumors newbie

I've always worn my watches between the wrist bone and my hand. Just tried moving it to the other side of the bone now and it feels so weird. That being said, I have really big wrists so I have more room for a watch down by my hand.:cool::cool:

13. MrGimper macrumors 601

MrGimper

14. Defender2010 macrumors 68030

Defender2010

All of the photographs on apple.com showing the watch on a model (including Christy T) show them wearing it behind the bone further up the arm. Guess it's a personal choice, but I doubt the photographs are a coincidence. When Tim Cook first came on stage with one he also was wearing it further up the arm. I swear that clip with Tim Sir J and a U.S. News guy that Sir J was wearing it further up too. This thread is absurd actually as one user posted. We all wear things our own way and I doubt it has much affect on the HR Monitor - as I wear mine close to the hand and it seems to work decently.