Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
Awww... :D

I remember once reading an article in 'Omni' (is that still around?) about how squirrels had superb mapping & memory abilities... this little guy's wasting his talents.

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
Blue Velvet said:
Awww... :D

I remember once reading an article in 'Omni' (is that still around?) about how squirrels had superb mapping & memory abilities... this little guy's wasting his talents.
I'm pretty sure Omni has been out of print for a decade or more - too bad, because it was a lot of fun to read. :(

And this is the third thread involving nuts I've seen so far today. Some of the quotes:
...had grabbed the nuts...
...removed the nuts...
sound all too familiar.

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
It's good to have some funny news to discuss. The poor squirrel was just storing up for winter. Had the car been in a junk lot, the squirrel would have been golden with his storage spot. :D

killuminati

macrumors 68020
Dec 6, 2004
over the past couple days I have read 5 threads on nuts. Most of them werent this kind though ;)

neut

macrumors 68000
Nov 27, 2001
here (for now)
jsw said:
I'm pretty sure Omni has been out of print for a decade or more - too bad, because it was a lot of fun to read. :(

haven't heard about that mag in awhile ... i used to read my dads issues as a kid.

cute squirrel story; little ****ers dimpled my 71 Chevelle! though, i deserved it ... i ran one over once. :(

peace.

mactastic

macrumors 68040
Apr 24, 2003
Colly-fornia
killuminati said:
over the past couple days I have read 5 threads on nuts. Most of them werent this kind though ;)

Yeah I was thinking the same thing when I read the thread title... Thinking to myself, "Oh, this can't be good." But it's thankfully about nuts this time and not any part of the male anatomy.

Zazette

macrumors newbie
Feb 8, 2005
Canada
When I was young, I used to have electric lines over my pool and when I woke up in the morning, I realised that a squirrel had felt from the wire in the pool during the night and drown because I found it lifeless little body floating on top of the water. It was happening like once every summer and each time I was floaded with pity for the poor animal. Of course, I was not the one having to take the cadaver out of the water...

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
mactastic said:
Yeah I was thinking the same thing when I read the thread title... Thinking to myself, "Oh, this can't be good." But it's thankfully about nuts this time and not any part of the male anatomy.

I appreciated this type of interest story. It brought some well needed comic relief, a nice smile. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.