Where does it say if it's matte or glossy?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by superspiffy, Apr 2, 2008.

1. superspiffy macrumors 6502a

Does the MacBook Pro box say if it's matte or glossy? How could the retailers tell and know which to give you?

2. scienide09 macrumors 65816

scienide09

On the box? Or at least on the label on the box, the same label that details the specs of the computer inside.

3. superspiffy thread starter macrumors 6502a

It doesn't.

I ask because I'm a little worried that I didn't and if so, I need to return the laptop as soon as possible. When I bought my MBP, I ask the Apple salesman to get me a matte. At first he said they don't have any. I told him to please check again. He came back and found one. It doesn't have anything on the box that says "matte" but he said that if it's glossy, it's going to specify "glossy." I took his word for it but when I got home, I thought the screen had a little bit more glare than I thought it should. I just want to make sure I actually have matte.

4. matperk macrumors 6502

I would say that if it is the wrong one you could take it back to the store and swap it out. Apple is usually pretty good about that sort of thing (mistakes on their part that is), and if a sales rep gives you a hard time, ask for a manager. They're usually pretty accommodating.

5. MacHipster macrumors 6502

If it's glossy it says "glossy", and if it's matte, it doesn't specify as it's standard.

6. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

Why not take your MBP to the store and compare with the glossy models on display? There is no way you can confuse the two. The glossies are very shiny. :D

7. soms macrumors 6502

soms

I don't see how hard it is to tell if its glossy or matte. If the screen looks like a sheet of glass when its off then its glossy. If its just dark with little to NO reflections then its matte.

8. superspiffy thread starter macrumors 6502a

Alright I'm pretty sure I have the matte now. It's just that I don't work with glossy machines so I wouldn't know what to look for.