where does Mavericks download to

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by tommy060289, Oct 24, 2013.

1. tommy060289 macrumors regular

Hey everyone,

I have upgraded my iMac to Mavericks which worked like a charm but it has absolutely FUBAR'd my macbook pro which now doesn't seem to want to accept any installation except for from a leopard CD that originally came with it.

I am currently in to process of trying to restore it from a time machine back up but am not sure how well it will work. Anyway, if it does it should restore to mountain lion and then I will try doing a fresh install of mavericks from a USB stick. As such I need to redownload the mavericks installer from the app store but I am not sure if it is working or not as I have clicked download and it went through saying 'already installed, are you sure you want to download' and now the download button is greyed out but there appears to be no progress bar or anything so I really don't know where it is downloading to. Is there anywhere to check were I could see if it is actually downloading or just somewhere else I can download the installer from?

Cheers,

Tom

----------

nevermind, seem to have managed to get it going (for now at least)

It appears it wasn't downloading as there is now a progress bar under the purchases tab

2. guitarman777 macrumors regular

guitarman777

Glad to hear it's working. I'm doing the same thing myself right now. It should be downloading to your Applications directory. Open Launchpad and take a look through your apps, you should see the Mavericks installer icon kinda translucent with the progress bar as well.

3. xgman macrumors 601

xgman

After it installs, it is removed from the apps dir.