Where does Micosoft come up with this crap!

machobson

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 19, 2005
Hey everyone,
I was just doing some research for a project and found this video on crash tests. When I started to watch it, I was wondering what the hell I was watching. Then I figured it out. It was a commercial for Microsoft Office. Just watch the first like 15 sec of it, thats the commercial. It is pretty much the most stupid and pointless commercial I have ever seen. Watch it here.
EDIT: It might not be a Microsoft commercial every time, if it isn't just refresh the page.

macbaseball

macrumors 6502a
Feb 27, 2005
Northern California
machobson said:
Hey everyone,
I was just doing some research for a project and found this video on crash tests. When I started to watch it, I was wondering what the hell I was watching. Then I figured it out. It was a commercial for Microsoft Office. Just watch the first like 15 sec of it, thats the commercial. It is pretty much the most stupid and pointless commercial I have ever seen. Watch it here.
EDIT: It might not be a Microsoft commercial every time, if it isn't just refresh the page.
Lol. That was pretty ridiculous. I'm not really sure how it promotes Microsoft, as it doesn't really have any relvance until that two second slide at the end...

ohcrap

macrumors 6502a
Aug 12, 2005
macartistkel said:
Yep, that is Microsuck for ya! That company cannot do a damn thing cool and original! Pretty lame commercial! :p
I must say, there's only one thing worse than Microsoft, and that's when people say things like "Microsuck". I'm sorry, what were you saying about originality?

There's no need to insult Microsoft by oh-so-creatively spelling the company name differently, especially when Microsoft's products, advertisements, reputation, etc. are insulting enough.

macartistkel

macrumors 6502a
Aug 7, 2005
Portland, Oregon
ohcrap said:
I must say, there's only one thing worse than Microsoft, and that's when people say things like "Microsuck". I'm sorry, what were you saying about originality?

There's no need to insult Microsoft by oh-so-creatively spelling the company name differently, especially when Microsoft's products, advertisements, reputation, etc. are insulting enough.
OH YOU ARE SO RIGHT! :):) I don't know what I was thinking. I spent all day trying to come up with that one! ;) I see exactly why you had to pick on me and write something like that!! :)

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
ohcrap said:

No, I don't think people saying "Microsuck" are worse than a company whose monopolistic practices drove a lot of more deserving companies under and which continues to operate in what can best be described as a quasi-legal manner.

My problem with "Microsuck" is simply that it implies that they suck in a very small way.

redAPPLE

macrumors 68030
May 7, 2002
2 Much Infinite Loops
ohcrap said:
something like this = micro$oft?

greatdevourer

macrumors 68000
Aug 5, 2005
Could be worse. Remember the 2001 XP ad? It was this couple, undressing, then halfway through, it cut across to the XP logo. I mean, wtf?

devman

macrumors 65816
Apr 19, 2004
AU
ohcrap said:

Ok, then. MICROS~1

macartistkel

macrumors 6502a
Aug 7, 2005
Portland, Oregon
:D I actually LOVE LOVE the movie Napoleon Dynamite, but mainly cause of Jon Heder's acting...awesome!! :) But I have to say I don't see any comparisons from the movie to the commerical really. :confused:

Microsoft has all the money and they still cannot make the absolute best products out there. I would use their products if they were better. They cannot even put more money into to making really cool commericals!! Oh well, I am glad because it makes Apple shine even more!! Apple is years ahead in technology from Microsoft and I love that!! :)