Where does radioshift store audio whilst recording?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by infobleep, Dec 24, 2011.

1. infobleep macrumors regular

Hi there

Does anyone know where radioshift stores the audio whilst it is in the process of recording. Once finished it is stored in the radioshift folder, located under a users music folder. eg: user\muisc\radioshift

I have been using Audio Hi-Jack pro for a while and I believe that stores all the music whilst it's recording in the audio hijack folder but this doesn't appear to be the case with radioshift.

What I'm not keen to happen is my computer crash half way through a very long recording and find I lose all of my recording. The reason for using radioshift is that it can record multiple radio stations at once, where as Audio Hi-jack doesn't do that unless it's from multiple applications.

Happy Christmas

2. infobleep thread starter macrumors regular

Has anyone come across the following error message whilst using Radioshift:
    "Error Domain: AHTD Error
    Domain Error Code: -303 radioshift"

I knew I was asking for trouble when trying to record 11 radio stations at once using Radioshift. It's only once a year I do this on Christmas eve. It's German and Austrian regional radio stations I record, in order to hear them again later as I can't hear them all at once.

I'd previously experimented with recording 4 and manually stopping them and it worked. So when I tried to manually stop 11, after 3 hours of recording, all the sound cut out and they appeared to be still recording. Tried to turn the sound on again made no difference. So because nothing was happening I decided if I quit Radioshift that might force them to save.

No all it did was quit Radioshift without any message and recover the used disc space. Not what I wanted at all. I would have expected a warning message but I got nothing. However as Radioshift isn't a huge company, not surprisingly there is very little on this subject that I would refer to in advance before deciding which action to take.

As the recordings are not stored in users\music\radioshift I don't know where they were, so I couldn't manually rescue them myself first even if I wanted to.

Audio Hijack pro helpfully keeps them if your computer crashes but that can only record per application not radio station. Perhaps there is another radio recording app which keeps the recordings even if it crashes or runs into problems but it appears on the face of it that Radioshift may not be that app, even though it's by the same makers as Audio Hijack Pro, Rogue Amoeba. I have contacted technical support so they might know more.

I still have another 6+ hours of recording so not all is lost. I just have to be more careful.

Happy Christmas

3. infobleep thread starter macrumors regular

Hi there

I found a good work around to the problem. When radioshift records a station, it creates a radioshift tool app. You can't switch to it but you can select it when wishing to record an app in Audio Hijack Pro.

Therefore I simply set up 11 application recordings in Audio Hijack Pro. This then records the streams directly to my computer and if anything crashes the recordings are not lost.

I can also select far more recording formats. Radioshift does I believe m4a but I'm using mp3 right now.

Happy Christmas