Where does refurb 24" ACD ship from? (U.S.)

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Chupa Chupa, Aug 16, 2010.

1. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Anyone know where the refurb 24" ACD ships from? I'm assuming CA, but not sure since Apple has multiple shipping points.

2. foodle macrumors 6502

Don't know, but thanks for alerting me that refurb 24" displays were on the Apple store. I'm bet they'll be all gone by morning. There's one less available as of five minutes ago :)

3. ic1 macrumors member

Seems to be a lot of this about recently - some guy elsewhere wanted to know where his laptop was built. Just out of curiosity, any particular reason why you want to know?

Anyway, like you, I assumed my refurbed MBP would come from CA. Nope, Jonestown PA. Maybe that's where refurbed displays come from too.

4. Chupa Chupa thread starter macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Just curious when I'll get it. Ordered one yesterday aft. but it's in "prepared for shipping" still. If it ships from Jonestown I'll be excited.That is next day ground for me - so maybe I'll see it tomorrow. CA OTOH is a week.

5. foodle macrumors 6502

There are two issues here. The OP of this thread is just trying to figure out how soon he'll get the display. So he wants to know where it'll ship from. No biggie.

The other (more thorny) issue is people asking where their system/display/iP[oa]d was made. Then you get posts saying things like, "All things made in country X are utter crap. I will only buy if made at the North Pole by eunuch elves born on the 3rd Tuesday of the month."

6. Gonzo3333 macrumors 6502a

Gonzo3333

I ordered my Cinema Display the day before New Years Eve 2009. It was shipped from Memphis, TN and arrived the next day. It was also refurbished.

7. Chupa Chupa thread starter macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

My order just shipped this AM from Lewisberry (Jonestown) PA.

8. foodle macrumors 6502

9. pvmacguy macrumors 65816

pvmacguy

I was going to order one yesterday from the refurb section, but held off thinking about going to the apple store and double checking to make sure that's what I wanted. 20 min. later they were all gone and was kinda pissed. Was able to nab one this morning some hopefully mine ships soon and gets here quick! :)

10. BryanLyle macrumors 6502a

BryanLyle

Mine shipped from Lewisberry, PA and according to FedEx, it's still there. Hopefully it is just a glitch in their system.

11. pvmacguy macrumors 65816

pvmacguy

Mine ships today, says it should arrive on saturday so must be kinda close to north florida where I'm located.

12. foodle macrumors 6502

Refurb 24" ACD arrived today. Looks to be in "as new" condition. No blemishes. Did cursory check for stuck pixels (I'm not a fanatic about this) and found none. Running it as a 2nd display for 24" iMac (CCFL).

The only problem is that the ACD is so bright that it makes the iMac LCD look dim and yellow :(

13. BryanLyle macrumors 6502a

BryanLyle

Mine arrived today as well. Perfect condition!

14. Chupa Chupa thread starter macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Mine came yesterday on sched. Like new condition. Did a quick "dead pixel" test and found none. The color was a tad off so I had to recalibrate and now looks great. Only annoying part is the cable is shorter than a mouse tail. For a $600-800 monitor you'd think Apple could spare a few extra feet of .10 cable. I have a 6ft MDP ext. cable and 6 ft USB ext. cable on order from Monoprice.

15. Sixtafoua macrumors 6502

Sixtafoua

16. pvmacguy macrumors 65816

pvmacguy

Mine arrived today from PA as well as others here. Everything with it is perfect and I can't believe that this was refurbished its like brand new. I was surprised with the standard shipping that it even arrived on a satruday! A+ apple. :)

17. foodle macrumors 6502

Spoke too soon. I have a 2 inch stripe down the right side that is either completely dark or heavily corrupted. :( Back to Apple it goes ...

FYI, I have another 24" refurb ACD that's has been perfect for over a year. I think I just got unlucky this time.

18. 3282868 macrumors 603

Just checked the online store, no refurb displays :(

I have a 24" LED LCD that's a year old on my 2008 8 core Mac Pro next to my 6 year old 23" CCFL LCD (upgraded my Mac Pro to the ATI Radeon HD 4870).

My 23" is going out, slowly. It shows more pink and yellow, and there is moderate burn in with a few things. I'm considering another 24" LED before Apple pulls it. What is the price for a refurb 24" versus an education discount 24" LED LCD?

I know it may be silly, but I'd rather have two displays that are the same (makes a difference when working in design) than another display that may be CCFL and not an IPS panel. I like the 24" LED, contrary to what a few think, and I've researched other 24" LCD's on the market, such as Dells and HPs, but I don't want to wait and then miss buying another 24" before it's too late.

Thoughts?

19. drewsof07 macrumors 68000

drewsof07

$749 Education discount
    $599 Refurb

I just got my refurb on thursday. It's going back, has 10+ dead and bright pixels and the yellowing issue. I'm gonna hold off for awhile longer. :(

20. 3282868 macrumors 603

The $599 is a great price. Refurb simply means that someone bought it then returned it as they didn't want it, not for defects, right? Has the yellowing, etc. been a known issue with the 24" in general or is yours just a fluke?

21. drewsof07 macrumors 68000

drewsof07

I'm pretty sure they are just returns that ppl didn't want, because of any reason, defects included... The one i received is absolutely ridiculous IMO. Stuck pixels keep appearing and I keep finding more dead ones. The physical condition of the case, etc. is perfect, the screen just sucks a$$. I called Applecare today, they emailed me labels to send it back. Dunno what to do at this point, I'm afraid to buy another refurb, and can't really afford to pay for new.

22. 3282868 macrumors 603

That's so odd. I used to work for the company, I'd be surprised if this isn't just a fluke as Apple tests refurbs and replaces any thing that isn't 100%. Id get a replacement. Worst case it's defective and you get a refund.

23. drewsof07 macrumors 68000

drewsof07

Yeah, initially they were setting me up for a replacement but soon discovered the refurbs were out of stock. Soo I just get a refund... I would've been cool with a discount on the new model, but their loss I suppose. I've now been through a Dell U2410 that had really bad green/pink tinting and backlight issues, and an Apple display. All the other displays I'm finding are just too clunky, not to mention brick and mortar stores don't carry quality displays, just the cheap TN junk. Wish I'd never gotten my first cinema display, then I wouldn't know the difference between TN and IPS :p

24. 3282868 macrumors 603

LOL so true. Yeah, I would get another display but kinda want another 24" ACD. I'll keep checking the refurb store, but if nothing comes up in a few weeks, I'll grab one with an education discount. So far the one I've had for a year has been working perfectly. Hang in there, you're (we're) bound to get one! :)

25. drewsof07 macrumors 68000

drewsof07

Thanks for the encouragement, lol
    This is what I use to help me keep track of the refurb store. Just put in parameters of <$600 so it doesn't show all the products and check the option to open the store when it is restocked. That's how I got the first one.