Where does software update download to?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by avingochea, Aug 11, 2008.

1. avingochea macrumors member

Hi everybody, I installed a program to check it out. I have already erased it, but software update has just informed me that it downloaded an update for it and is ready to install. Can somebody tell me where software update downloads these updates so I could just delete them? Thanks in advance :cool:

2. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

3. avingochea thread starter macrumors member

Final cut, software update says "ProKit Update" "Pro Applications Update..." "PluginManager" and "Pro Applications Update..."

4. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

First, I'd use something like App Zapper, there is a different program that is free, but I can;t remember the name of it, to completely remove final cut, then delete the files.

5. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

AppDelete? But yea, use that to delete apps, don't just go simple and drag+drop to the trash. It leaves plists, prefs, cache, app support files, etc remaining on the HD(s).

6. avingochea thread starter macrumors member

Oh, no. See I deleted final cut pro with appdelete before i updated it. But basically as i was deleting it or right after, software update downloaded its update. So its downloaded and ready to install but i don't even have the program on my computer. So, I was wonderin if anybody knew where software update downloaded the these updates so I could manually go and delete it.

7. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

Software Updates download to /Library/Updates. You'll also want to remove the receipt for the Final Cut installation, which will be in /Library/Receipts, assuming that AppDelete didn't get it (sounds like it might not have, or it could be that it deleted it too late, still worth checking).

jW

8. rychencop macrumors 65816

rychencop

why not just do a search and find it that way?

9. avingochea thread starter macrumors member

Excelent, Thanks alot Mal. Appreciate it!