Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

brenton

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 9, 2004
Florida
hello, I was wondering. where is the speaker on the mac mini and will I need a extra set of speakers? Thanks

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
Look here for a picture of the Mac mini speaker. It's pretty weak; if you're into music at all you should definitely use external speakers.

brenton

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 9, 2004
Florida
I couldnt find it. can somebody tell me where they are on the mac mini. thanks.
also, whats a good 2 set pair of speakers. no 2.1. I had problems with every 2.1 I have ever bought. Why doesnt apple make speakers anymore!

point665

macrumors regular
Jun 27, 2004
On the open view, it is right of the center of the machine on one of the sides...

Edit: right next to the ram...

Suspended
Dec 27, 2003
stop

For all intents and purposes, the mac mini has no real speaker. buy some nice 2.1s.

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
ibookowner2 said:
Creatures

these are really small and powerful speakers great for anyone.
Unfortunately, your link does not work. I get a timed out error if I click it. Stripping the session ID to yield this link: Creatures - doesn't work either. It just takes me to the main Apple Store page.

mac-er

macrumors 65816
Apr 9, 2003
Oh for God's sake..just link to the JBL website.

Everything doesn't have to go through the Apple website. They aren't the portal for all products known to man.

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
Sol III - Terra
ibookowner2 said:
Creatures

these are really small and powerful speakers great for anyone.
And the JBL Creatures are speakers that sound too tinny to me. Remember to always listen to speakers before you buy them. You may not have the same sound preferences as other people.

I like the Harman Kardon SoundSicks, others do not.

Make sure you listen before you buy, and listen to music you know if at all possible.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.