Where does springtomize store "Time machine" backup files? Trying to back them up!

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by blackjackel, Jan 27, 2012.

1. blackjackel macrumors newbie

I'm trying to copy the "time machine" backup files to my computer so I can restore the iphone and put them back so that my icons will be the same after a full iphone wipe... does anyone know where springtomize 2 stores its time machine files?

2. heyyitzmelissa macrumors 6502

The icon state is already saved in your backup

3. blackjackel thread starter macrumors newbie

you're telling me that the iconstate of springtomize is saved inside the backup that itunes makes of my phone? So when i restore my phone and load up springtomize it should see my backed up icon states?

4. heyyitzmelissa, Jan 27, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2012

heyyitzmelissa macrumors 6502

Ignore Springtomize. Backing up to iTunes backs up your icon state.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=14229776

The icon state is stored here:
    */var/mobile/Library/SpringBoard/IconState.plist

But that's something I'm not going to explain. If you can't understand what I said earlier, you definitely won't get this next part. Just backup your iPhone in iTunes and restore from that backup later.

5. blackjackel thread starter macrumors newbie

I already knew that Itunes backs up the iconstate, however, springtomize 2 thouroughly screws with the iconstate hardcore... you can have 6 rows, tiny icons, invisible icons....etc. I have 6 rows with really small icons, this won't get saves via an itunes backup, i need the springtomize time machine files

6. heyyitzmelissa macrumors 6502

Then you use PKGBackup. Did you even read the thread I posted on how to restore an iPhone 100% identical to the original?

7. ThHeartlessHero macrumors member

As someone who wants to be helpful, the Time Machine backup files for Springtomize are saved at the directory below. What it does in regards to saving your icons is simply copy what the existing IconState.plist is at the time of backup.

/var/mobile/Library/Springtomize/Layouts/

8. raoulteeuwen, Apr 19, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2012

raoulteeuwen macrumors newbie

thanks for asking the question blackjackel ! I just installed SpringTomize 2 (for ios 5), because, as my 3gs is rebooting during calls ( :-( ), i want to put it back to virgin state (again :-( ), and don't want to do a restore from backup (that would restore my icon layout, but could also re-introduce files/settings that might cause the 3gs to reboot by itself).

So while looking for a solution to prevent me from having to do the whole apps-in-groups reordering again after the restore, i ran into Springtomize, but it doesn't say in the doc where it stores its backups (which the developer should add to the doc, as just saying the files are backupped is not enough)... It would be nice if it somehow would store it (in a Cydia-cloud) somewhere off the device, but at least thanks to ThHeartlessHero we now know from what location to backup some files... (for me i had to browse, using iExplorer, to root/private/var/mobile/Library/Springtomize/Layouts/ )