Where does the iPhone go from here?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mwg, Jun 7, 2010.

1. mwg macrumors newbie

So I know the iPhone was just announced today, but I was wondering what people around here think should be done in future hardware/software updates for the iPhone.

We've got a great new screen, a front facing camera, an led flash on the back facing camera, multitasking, folders, etc, etc...

What should Apple do next?

(...and please don't respond by saying things like "add Verizon" or, "make FaceTime work over 3G". Those are givens.)

2. saccento macrumors 6502a

saccento

cmon man let this one be released first so we could enjoy it then we can discuss what's next.

3. Goldfrapp macrumors 601

Goldfrapp

Well, since iPhone 5 is already long in the works. I think we might get touch-capacitive back, 64GB, Verizon, 4G.

What else?

4. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

Let users customize SMS tones. It'll be groundbreaking, just like this new technology called "video chat".

5. CherryJello macrumors regular

A completely re-done notifications system will be in the next OS

6. Goldfrapp macrumors 601

Goldfrapp

Or copy paste.

7. iVeBeenDrinkin' macrumors 65816

iVeBeenDrinkin'

They should've played sweet child o' mine at the keynote...maybe next time.

8. Cougarcat macrumors 604

Hardware wise? Beats me, besides the inevitable faster A4 chip and more memory.

Software wise, there's a ton...notification system overhaul and lock screen improvements being the most important.

9. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

I'm not planning to upgrade next year unless the new iPhone has:

Larger screen
    led notification light

10. ammusk macrumors regular

Haven't you heard? Next year it becomes magical!

Seriously though: There is a lot left to be desired. More customization/configuration options, updated body, perhaps more colors, better front camera, who knows

11. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

That's about all I can think of. 4G might still not be ready next year, but it's possible. I still don't know if Apple is going to make two versions of the iPhone to work on Verizon's CDMA network. 4G isn't going to be everywhere anytime soon as even the EVO fanboys have got to admit.

I figure Apple might put some LED notification light on the next one because the uber whiners are mostly left with that to complain about. I thought it might go into a bunch of colors, but the bumpers mostly achieve that. Why Apple can't put out more primary colors is hella confusing, but it's better than having to buy a case.