Where does the MB Pro ship from?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by SPX, Jul 27, 2010.

1. SPX macrumors member

Just curious; Does anyone know what determines where the Macbook Pro's ordered to the US online ship from?

I realize that some from China, and some from California (and perhaps other places) but what decides where they come from? It doesn't appear to be whether it was customized, as neither were.

Any ideas?

2. Tmacfan4321 macrumors regular

Logically, it would make sense for commonly produced configs to be shipped from inside of the US, while uncommon custom configs would be sent from China.

3. mgartner0622 macrumors 65816

mgartner0622

My PowerBook was shipped from California, my MacBook Pro 13" was shipped from China, my Refurbished 13" MacBook Unibody from New Hampshire or something like that, and all my iPods have been from China.

I think it's quite random and they just ship from wherever they have the stock on hand.

4. Aboo macrumors 6502a

As one of the previous posters said, generally speaking, custom configured units and personalized ipods ship from China. Also, if the product is brand new (i.e. pre-orders for iPad/iPhone), those often times comes from China also. Based on my experience:

MBs/MBPs/computers usually ship from Shanghai
    iPods usually ship from Shenzhen

For the popular configurations of notebooks and desktops as well as stock configurations of all products and non-personalized ipods, as well as Apple accessories like Time Machine, Airport Extreme/Express, keyboards, mice, etc. ship from local warehouses (which are region-specific). As far as I know Apple has warehouses in CA, TN, and PA. There may be others as well.

5. Encanto macrumors regular

Hi everyone,

I would like every ones input. I just placed an order of a refurbished Macbook Pro 15 i5. It says that it will ship from 3-5 business day. Hwoever, I just went on the refurbished store and I was looking at the same 15 inch macbook pro but this one shows a delivery ofn 24 hours. I found that strange that mine said 3-5 business days while the same exact one that is on there now says ships within 24 hours. Should I cancel my order and get that one? any suggestions?

6. RedRaven571 macrumors 65816

RedRaven571

No offense but does it REALLY matter that much? It's a couple of days.

7. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

I think any off-the-shelf configurations are available within the US. If not at the headquarters in CA then probably from stores around the area. My MBP was a custom config and that came from China.

8. KirkL macrumors 6502

I'd assume they have warehouses at least in a couple of places in the US. Shipping from California to say Washington D.C. is a little counterproductive.

9. Aboo macrumors 6502a

Just stick with your order. I am willing to bet that if your payment and everything goes through, your order will be prepared for shipment by the end of the day. Enjoy your new MBP.

10. Encanto macrumors regular

Thank you for you advice and kind words. I'll just wait and see what happens. Its pretty exciting when buying a mac. =)