Where does the "other" go?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Touchy, Oct 27, 2009.

1. Touchy macrumors regular

Occasionally when I plug in my iPod touch to the PC (with iTunes already running and set at "home") the iPod contents bar showing on the monitor screen is missing the "other" indicator. This doesn't seem to affect the abiltiy to snyc the iPod or its function after syncing. This doesn't happen all the time because sometimes the "other" indicator is present.
    Is this a uniquq experience for me and if not what have others done about it???

2. leomac08 macrumors 68020

leomac08

i get you....

the "other" i think is considered the firmware, like the 3.1.2 data...

i really don't know if you can get rid of it....only if you would restore it.

quote me if i'm wrong.:)

3. Touchy thread starter macrumors regular

Yes I believe it is "operating systems" but what I am saying is that sometimes the indicator color for "other" does not show up in the iPod contents bar at the bottom of the page when you plug in the iPod for syncing. Other times it does for days at time after returning to the bar. Why would the iPod not indicate the "other" as being present all the time? This is just curiosity as so far the iPod sync works well and there is no malfunction of the iPod.

4. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

I actually have the reverse issue, where sometimes the bar would show all my music as "Other." It's probably some glitch of how iTunes read the ipod when it is connected. I mean, there are times when it identifies my ipod touch as an iphone, and my partner's iphone as an ipod. So I don't worry about it, since it doesn't seem to affect function.

5. leomac08 macrumors 68020

leomac08

I'll be honest....i don't know.....must be a bug of some sort...:eek:

6. Touchy thread starter macrumors regular

BMA also! Well maybe someone will have the same experience and be able to explain it to us. Thanks for the replies, take care.