Where does the paperclip on the QuickType toolbar pull from?

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by Rogifan, Jun 14, 2015.

1. Rogifan macrumors P6

Rogifan

Is it just iCloud Drive or are you able to pull from documents stored elsewhere?

2. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

You can pull from else where. I actually thought it was just iCloud Drive until I went to check for thread. Very cool, it's clear though the google drive app is not optimized yet for it.

Check out the pics here - http://imgur.com/a/rFcOW

3. pacorob macrumors 65816

pacorob

Good to see that there is already support for Google Drive. I hope Dropbox, Box and others are soon also supported when iOS9 goes live. I always missed this feature in the Apple 'Mail' app that you can only add local photos/videos to an e-mail. I now use once in a while the 'Mailbox' app from Dropbox which works great with Dropbox documents.

4. Rogifan thread starter macrumors P6

Rogifan

Sweet. Another feature Craig barely touched on in the keynote so Eddy could spend 20 minutes playing songs for us. Grr...

5. Rogifan thread starter macrumors P6

Rogifan

It blows my mind that we've gone this long without being able to attach a document in an email.

6. FSMBP macrumors 68020

FSMBP

I know...The popular answer in the forums here was "Just use the share-sheet OR copy/paste it" (which is so intuitive for anyone who isn't tech-savvy).

It was such an important feature (especially for business users) that wasn't added for over 8 years...

7. uhaas macrumors 6502

uhaas

Kind of reminds you of that time when there was no copy/paste.

8. C DM macrumors Westmere

At least that was only a couple of years and even then at the very beginning. This is somewhat more ridiculous.

9. profets macrumors 68040

It is a bit odd. I know they had a lot to fit in, but showing some of these features really would have gotten a big reaction.

10. Alonso Quijano macrumors 6502

You can already use it with Dropbox and other apps.

image.jpg image.jpg