Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xyphr3

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 19, 2010
This is my first iPad, been an iPhone user for a long time. I am a fan of the Zagg screen protectors (my preference) but I am wondering how to protect my iPad. I purchased an apple smart cover but have a friend that will buy it if I decide to go a different route.

So the question is, where does your iPad normally show scratches? Should I stay with the Apple smart cover and get a Zagg full body to protect the back from scratches or should I go with a Switcheasy Cavas that protects front and back? Thanks for your input

Karmak

macrumors member
Jun 27, 2010
This is my first iPad, been an iPhone user for a long time. I am a fan of the Zagg screen protectors (my preference) but I am wondering how to protect my iPad. I purchased an apple smart cover but have a friend that will buy it if I decide to go a different route.

So the question is, where does your iPad normally show scratches? Should I stay with the Apple smart cover and get a Zagg full body to protect the back from scratches or should I go with a Switcheasy Cavas that protects front and back? Thanks for your input

I got an iPad 2 last fall and it is scratch free. I keep the screen naked and used a thin hard shell for the back. The back seems the most likely to get scratched from picking it up and setting it down.

kingalien

macrumors 6502
Oct 14, 2010
Earth
Other than the back (if kept naked) you're more likely to get a scratch from the smart cover where the hinges adhere to the iPad.

OneMike

macrumors 603
Oct 19, 2005
The iPad 2 in my house survived a 6, 5 and 3 year old flawlessly without a case for several months. Maybe just luck, but didn't scratch. Even now I have an otterbox on it, but no screen protector. Screen is flawless.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.