Where does your iPad normally scratch?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by xyphr3, Mar 14, 2012.

1. xyphr3 macrumors member

This is my first iPad, been an iPhone user for a long time. I am a fan of the Zagg screen protectors (my preference) but I am wondering how to protect my iPad. I purchased an apple smart cover but have a friend that will buy it if I decide to go a different route.

So the question is, where does your iPad normally show scratches? Should I stay with the Apple smart cover and get a Zagg full body to protect the back from scratches or should I go with a Switcheasy Cavas that protects front and back? Thanks for your input

2. Karmak macrumors member

I got an iPad 2 last fall and it is scratch free. I keep the screen naked and used a thin hard shell for the back. The back seems the most likely to get scratched from picking it up and setting it down.

3. kingalien macrumors regular

kingalien

Other than the back (if kept naked) you're more likely to get a scratch from the smart cover where the hinges adhere to the iPad.

4. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

The iPad 2 in my house survived a 6, 5 and 3 year old flawlessly without a case for several months. Maybe just luck, but didn't scratch. Even now I have an otterbox on it, but no screen protector. Screen is flawless.