Where has Mac been all my life?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Tarp07XLT, Dec 25, 2008.

1. Tarp07XLT macrumors newbie

Well I was lucky enough to get a 2.4 Alu Macbook for Christmas. I asked for it kind of half joking but sure enough here I sit typing on it. First impression is wow! I spent plenty of time researching and reading up on the forums. I managed to get a good macbook with the only flaw (very small) is a lose battery cover. Its barely loose so I can live with it. I have spent quite a bit of time on it today and I am very impressed. I wont bore you with all the details but needless to say I am very pleased with it! Glad to be part of the Mac community!

P.S. As I am sure most of the people on this board are in to gadgets like me I must give a thumbs up to the Logitech Harmony remote. My wife got me one and its really cool as well!

2. TwinCities Dan macrumors 603

TwinCities Dan

Double Parked out front of the Courthouse
    Its been right here since 1984! :p

Just kidding! Welcome to the community, and great machine! :D

3. Camoischaos macrumors member

You get a big ole smiley face :)

Nice that you got one.

4. Dejavu macrumors regular

Dejavu

I'm jealous. :eek: I wish I could get xmas presents like that by asking half-jokingly. :( Go ahead, and enjoy your non-firewire MacBook. :p

5. Project7 macrumors member

Project7

I also asked my parents half-jokingly, and sure enough, I woke up yesterday to be greeted by a cardboard box with the message "A tool to help you do your best - Mum and Dad"

Happy days. :)

6. MattyK macrumors 6502a

MattyK

7. GfulDedFan macrumors 65816

GfulDedFan

Depends on how old you are. I'd guess that most users weren't born when they first came out.

During Mac's infancy, I was using Xenix OS running my business. Fast forward to 2005... my daughter decided to get a 12" PowerBook to take to college. Then my son got a 15" PB and we bought a Mac Mini for the living room. I now run my business with a Linux server but access it with my MacBook.

8. franzmueller macrumors regular

Where has Windows been all my life ?

I´ve been on Macs since 91 and never ever touched a PC in my entire life :D

Oh well before that I had IBM´s running with MSDOS.... so, I guess , that doesn't count :p

Have fun

Saludos

9. redcrow240 macrumors member

Congrats on the new macbook :) . I too got one for christmas, though it was purchased the day after thanksgiving. Its been absolute torture seeing it under the tree wrapped.

Now what I suggest doing after checking your macbook for major imperfections is RUN AWAY FROM THIS FORUM lol. I think that the more and more one comes here, the less and less one recognizes whats a problem/issue and what is a nitpick. The lines begin to blur very easily. Its too late for some of us (like me for example) but save yourself :D

On the other hand, this is THE best place to get our mac "newbie" questions answered. The majority of people are polite and helpful. I wish there was a mac for beginners forum section, a new OS takes a while to get used to. Coming from windows blind I didnt even know how to install a program or copy and paste LOL. An FAQ would rock, and if it already exists then I suck at forum searching and I apologize.

10. raymanster macrumors regular

raymanster

Congrats! I too got a Macbook (the 2.0) for X'mas, probably best present I've ever had! I have a 3 year old Mac Mini which I can now use as my server. This is my 4th Mac and 6th Apple (started with an Apple IIe back in the day). :D

11. Tarp07XLT thread starter macrumors newbie

Well I am not quite that young Im 26. I said that only jokingly. I have always been on PC but I am happily a convert now! I know I am just scratching the surface of this OS but the machine itself is gorgeous!

12. Solemony macrumors 6502

Solemony

Welcome to the the Mac Community :). Enjoy your product...you'll love it even more as time passes...:)

13. gamer2502 macrumors regular