where has the hammer icon gone?

Discussion in 'Mac Programming' started by lazydog, Dec 24, 2007.

1. lazydog macrumors 6502a

Hi

In the all-in-one layout of Xcode 3, there are only 2 views in the page control. In the previous versions of Xcode there was also the build page represented by the hammer icon. Anyone know how I can get it back? I know it's in Xcode 3 because if I open an old project it becomes available. It's just in new projects that it disappears.

thanks in advance for any suggestions… including rtfm

b e n

2. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

If you mean in the toolbar, right click and customise it.

Otherwise to access the console and build errors. Look in Run Menu==>Console and Build Menu==>Build Results respectively.

3. mduser63 macrumors 68040

mduser63

The build pane has been moved so that it's "next to" Detail, Project Find, and SCM Results.

Attached Files:

4. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Ah, I'm using the Default view now rather than the All-in-one view I used under Tiger :eek:.

5. lazydog thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks for the replies.

Yup, the build tab is nearly the same. The difference is that in the old build page, the groups & files view was a lot less cluttered which I preferred. You could also set which elements where displayed independently from the project page. I guess I'll just have to get used to the new layout. The annoying thing is Xcode 3 still has this old layout available because if you open an old project it's there. It's just with new projects I can't seem to be able to get at it.

thanks again

b e n