Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dodgeman

macrumors 65816
Nov 30, 2016
I have used the otterbox for all my phones and it has saved them.
Only issue is it does add bulk.
I actually think I would like the otterbox symmetry but only problem is the ports of the iPhone picks up dust.

Jonathantuba

macrumors 6502
Oct 6, 2017
UK
I had problems with the Plus size not fitting some of my pockets, but find the iPhone X is fine, so will now probably stick with that size

HandsomeDanNZ

macrumors 65816
Jan 29, 2008
Auckland NZ
I have a 7. I put it in my [rear] pocket. When I sit down, I put it on the table or hold in my hand I’d imagine those with larger phones do the same.
This is what i did for a year and a bit with my 7+

Now I use an iphone X its a moot point, but I do still find myself using the back pocket with tighter pants...

decafjava

macrumors 603
Feb 7, 2011
Geneva
Jacket pocket, otherwise rucksack or travel pouch. My 7 plus does fit in my front pant pocket as I don't wear skinny jeans.

nburwell

macrumors 603
May 6, 2008
DE
My phone is either kept in the back or front pocket of my jeans. When I had the 6s+ and 8+, I would usually have the device on the table when I sat down. With my S8 and X, both fit comfortably in my pockets.

bushman4

macrumors 601
Mar 22, 2011
A belt holster works well. And has become trendier as some people don’t want to dedicate a pocket to only their iPhone. There’s just too many things to carry with you like a sunglass case , keys, wallet etc

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
Big phones just don’t fit in the types of trousers and jeans I wear so I’ve never bought them. I’ve tried out friends iPhone Pluses out of curiosity but they are just a pain in the arse. I’ve got an iPad at home so I don’t need a massive iPhone on the go.

Reactions: HarryWild

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
When I had my very first cellphone back in 1999 I went with a belt holster. Was cool with that for a while until I realized that every time I got in the car and buckled my seat the holster was inconveniently located.

I don't know how it is now, but the choice I had then was either to take my belt off every time I wanted to drive and put it back on when I got where I was going, or not using the holster.

Considering I use my phones without a case you can probably guess which option I chose. :D

That said, I've never been against holsters like I have cases. They perform a useful function and provide a decent level of protection and security.
I think 1999 was the last time I saw somebody carrying a phone in a holster in Europe lol. They were never fashionable here and tended to appeal to the older man I think. It’s likely different in the States but trends have always been vastly different between the continents.

Reactions: eyoungren

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
A belt holster works well. And has become trendier as some people don’t want to dedicate a pocket to only their iPhone. There’s just too many things to carry with you like a sunglass case , keys, wallet etc

I used to appreciate belt holsters for smart phones, especially when the BlackBerry was around, but that was a much smaller phone. Now the phones have proportionally grown larger, belt holsters look ridiculously large and are almost obtrusive on your hip for phone like the Plus model. Seems the Pocket is the only option, which I don’t always find comfortable.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.