Where in europe buy a mac? (Im currently in Spain)

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by temen, Apr 15, 2011.

1. temen macrumors member

hi.

Yes, it's not exactly spain forum, sorry for that. but I coudn't find any apple+spanish forum and I noticed here some users from Spain here, so..

New macbook's looks really nice, I'd like buy 17''. But..
    Ordering from USA is a nice option, but my mb white early 2008 started having some blackouts when I move display (probably just cable between graphic card and display should be replaced).. so he can be dead any day now. Since Im working on mb and strongly need it - when he'll be dead I have day or two to get back online.

So In Spain (Valencia, don't have apple store here..) I can buy only online from apple store or in some local shop- both options 2500 euro. Which is.. pretty expensive. Also - in local shop I'll have probably major difficulties with buying US keyboard.

Any advice appreciated.

2. trackbikes macrumors regular

Got the same problem, but I am looking for an iMac so the keyboard issue isn't a biggie.

Apple store can get you one with a US keyboard, it just takes an extra 2 or 3 days.

Fnac or Worten usually have them in stock, could you just set the keyvoard to US and ignore the keys or get relacement keys for the ones you don't use ?

3. temen thread starter macrumors member

On Worten site I coudn't find it. Fnac have 17'' for the same price as apple.
    General issue is I wanted to buy new mac after few more months, so now jumping out of 2500 euros is kinda painful, so Im looking for some other offers.
    But if my options are apple store, local store at the same price and US with waiting 2-3 weeks, then probably I will have to deal with paying "full" price..

4. temen thread starter macrumors member

5. trackbikes macrumors regular

I picked up a 2nd hand imac in the Uk yesterday and it's being delivered this morning, shipping with insurance cost £60 which i split with the seller... I am sure a MBP is cheaper shipping

Might be worth doing that if you need a replacement then sell it when you upgrade

Our local Worten has a full range of macs in started doing them about 3 months ago

6. hwojtek macrumors 6502a

hwojtek

You can order from Spain to a forwarding address in the USA and then have the Mac shipped to Spain with DHL or anything. This is the second cheapest option apart from going to the US itself.

7. trackbikes macrumors regular

I use a mailing address in the US to buy stuff from amazon they then repackage it and send it to me.

http://www.nybox.com/ thats who I use but there are others

8. temen thread starter macrumors member

That's good option, but only one glitch: Let's say I order today, tomorrow my current mb will refuse displaying anything (since now I can't move display because of cable problems) and I will be without any working computer for next 2 weeks;)
    But this option sounds good, maybe I will look around here for some service where they can fix cable in current macbook.

9. emptyCup macrumors 65816

emptyCup

Call the Spanish Apple Store. Tell them what you want. They may be able to help you.

10. jdavtz macrumors 6502a

Are you looking for a second-hand or refurb model? Or a reseller who will sell new Macs cheaper than the online Apple store?